Mafia Game 73 (Mk. II)

House Targaryen

Look, I hated his post. It set off warning bells and nothing he has done since has abated them. It isn't so unusual. Do I know for a fact he is guilty? No but I am more confident about him than others. Sometimes a post rings false early and once called out, they try to change. I can't explain it

more than that.

I still don't see how my definitive stances makes me evil.

OK, I've done Karstark.

There are lots of things that I don't like about Karstark.

First I don't like his misrepresentation of the cases in his first post, and above all the light he tries to paint Dayne with. Dayne has contributed greatly to start the ball rolling on day 1, and that's a necessity.

Second, Karstark says several time ther's still a lot of time in the day and he doesn't want to rush. I could take that point if Karstark had been active till the end of the day. But he vanished less than 2 hours after.

Apparently wanting to be able to read more cases and more evidence before casting a vote is bad. At least according to Lannister and Vance it is. Mallister's vote on me was a joke from early on in the game.

I don't like that he says "read more cases and more evidence". Like I don't want to bother with making my own, but please go on.

And if how badly I'm playing at this game is any indication, though, please. Lynch me. I give you all permission. I apparently have nothing to add and am playing the wrong way. I obviously don't have a clue as to what I'm doing so please, put me out of my (and your) misery.

Karstark is not a noob (he says in one of his posts he's played a few games and shows in his first post he has some knowledge of game mechanics), so the "I obviously don't have a clue about what I'm doing" doesn't really ring true.

I hate that kind of posts because it makes me feel bad lynching the person after and yet I can't shake off the impression I'm being manipulated.

OK, I'm going to reread Inchfield for good measure, but I think I prefer Karstark because there was nothing I liked in any of his posts and if Inchie is innocent, he's better to keep around.

Alright, I wasn't liking the voting rules before, but now that I'm seeing how we have the potential to drag out the night indefinitely, I really hate it.

As an example, say we're 30 minutes from deadline and Karstark reveals a role. We have the option to see who's on line, spread our remaining votes around to give us as many lynch choices as possible, and we have all the time in the world to calmly and rationally discuss this. Personally, I prefer the blind panic that usually results and looking for any gems the FM let slip. I might be in the minority on that, I admit. I really don't see that the benefit (we never miss a lynch) outweighs the ability we have to manipulate the day length and the votes in general. Connington already toasted the new rules because he didn't have to make a decision.

Just lodging an official protest and possibly persuading Targ to let us decide if we want to change it back?

Karstark is not a noob (he says in one of his posts he's played a few games and shows in his first post he has some knowledge of game mechanics), so the "I obviously don't have a clue about what I'm doing" doesn't really ring true.

I hate that kind of posts because it makes me feel bad lynching the person after and yet I can't shake off the impression I'm being manipulated.

I read 'I obviously don't know what I am doing' in a sarcastic voice. It give the whole thing a more 'screw you guys' attitude that fits with a comment he made about there being a 'School Marm role that tells everyone how they should play'.

I do agree that it is highly manipulative, however.

Okay, I'm posting from my phone right now (heh, I never knew there was a special iPhone version of this site).

I actually love the new voting system. Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have made a lynch today.

Okay, I'm sorry to wimp out like this, but I'm going to sleep. I can't stay awake anymore.

I know Royce, but if someone suggests that we hold all of our votes *coughLannister* and most people agree, then there is a lot of peer pressure not to be the one to break it until it's been fairly well agreed on or discussed to death and back.

Just lodging an official protest and possibly persuading Targ to let us decide if we want to change it back?

Nope. Players get to vote on the lynches, not on the rules.

You may drag the day on as long as you want. It's an abuse of the rules, but you can do it. Whining about it too is just silly, though. Any further discussion of this subject can go on the spoiler forum.

By the by, the current vote count is this:

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Clegane, Connington, Dayne, Inchfield, Karstark, Kettleblack, Lannister, Mallister, Redfort, Royce, Tollett, Vance.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

4 votes for Inchfield ( Tollett, Dayne, Kettleblack, Lannister)

4 votes for Karstark ( Vance, Connington, Royce, Inchfield)

2 votes for Vance ( Redfort, Karstark)

1 vote for Dayne ( Mallister)

1 vote for Redfort ( Clegane)

I've reread Inchie. I just want to quote his own words to Inchie.

Stop looking at one post and start looking at the entire body of work.

I stand by my decision that I prefer to have Inchie around than Karstark.

I just hope he starts looking at other people.

Archived