Favorite Character so far?

brocklaser

I just finished the book today and cannot wait to start CoK!!!!

I am obsessed with Dany (and Mormont by proxy) and obviously absolutely love Tyrion.

I have to add that I really like the Spider. While his loyalty is obviously wavering, it is really refreshing to see someone so dedicated to the greater good (the realm).

I also really enjoy Littlefinger. I think it's because he is so damn unpredictable and there is something endearing about his back story with Catelyn.

First off, this is my first post & I've come from a non-fantasy reading background, but I am so grateful to the TV series for introducing me to the books. I'm halfway through a Clash of Kings at the moment, the books are just amazing reading.

Anyway, my favourite characters from book 1 were:

Arya

Jon

Tyrion

Dany

I can't just pick one, but these were the chapters in the books that I most looked forward to.

My favourite characters from Book 1:

1. Tyrion

2. Jon

3. Arya

4. Robb

5. Catelyn (I really disliked her at first the way she is with Jon, but she ends up redeeming herself).

On contrast, my favourites from Season 1 of the show:

1. Robb

2. Arya

3. Jon

4. Tyrion

5. Bronn

I think Littlefinger, Varys, and Renly are also much better characters in the book. I don't think the first two have been explained enough in the show yet.

But I do think that Jorah, Drogo, Jaime, and Viserys are better in the show.

I think Littlefinger, Varys, and Renly are also much better characters in the book. I don't think the first two have been explained enough in the show yet.

I agree with you - especially when it comes to Renly. Renly wasn't a character that left much of an impact on me during the show. After reading the book, however, he was much more dynamic and significant.

I like Jon as a pov character and King Robert and non-pov character. Jon because of his personality and the interesting setting we only get to see through him and Robert because I pity him more than anyone else. He may br King but he has only one true friend, his wife cheats on him, the love his life was dead before they could even marry, he takes care of children under a false pretense of being their father, and he is just a drunken bored warrior who is stuck in politics instead of fighting.

Hey guys, new here...almost done with Game of Thrones. Got into the books when I was educated about them via the HBO TV Series. I have to say my favorite character is Jaime Lannister! Love his wit, love his badassery- sure, he's involved in an incestuous relationship with his sister, but so what? Creepy, but that ain't harming anyone, and I don't approve of a lot of his actions but I understand why he does them. I can't wait to learn more about him. Sure he's painted as a "bad guy" so far but damn, he's still cool.

Not harming anyone? I seem to recall him throwing an eight year old out a tower window.

I suppose Agon Khan is referring to how incest, in essence, harms no one. (That Bran caught Jaime mid-thrust is another story)

I would also like to add that Joffrey's very living existence is, for lack of a better word, harmful. Something is wrong there. Something that goes beyond being a spoiled brat.

There's a reason half the Targaryen's were crazy. I think Joffrey is no coincidence.

Not to mention the murders committed and wars fought to cover it up...

PLENTY of harm done.

Game of Thrones, hands down,Dany. Not because she was a true Dragon but because she was a true survivor.

That's pretty much how I feel about Dany. And Arya's spirit. Those are my two favorites in the first book. There's other great characters, like Ned, but the spirit both girls have is admirable.

I enjoyed most of the characters in GoT a lot, whether I loved or hated them. I guess I didn't get the same impression as a lot of you guys, though, because Dany and Jon were probably my least favourites in the whole book. :worried: Jon is... incredibly whiny, given the lack of suffering he endures in comparison to some other characters, and Dany... she seemed quite the archetype of a Mary Sue to me. :ack:

As for my favourite characters, of course Tyrion steals the show, so he should be disqualified. :rolleyes: Excepting him, Varys, Cersei and the Hound were the three I became most attached to, and I still am not completely sure why, considering they're not even POV characters. They don't whine or preach about being noble, and never seem to be stuck in a quagmire of moral dilemmas. They don't make pretences or apologize for their varying degrees of evilness. Refreshing. :smug: (I guess there are a few other characters who fit this bill but I inevitably found something to dislike about them)

In the TV series I also fell in love with Bran and Arya (aww!) and Khal Drogo, well, um.... yeah. :drunk: *runs out of coherent words here*

Strangely all my favorite characters bar two have stayed the same for both the books and the TV series

Jon

Sandor clegane (though I really do not know why)

Tyrion

Arya

Bran - only in the books

Sansa - Only in the books

couldn't choose a favorite out of them

Archived