SD Book Signing - July 24 at Mysterious Galaxy

Well, I didn’t meet anybody from this board and the drive back up to south central OC was as bad and headache-inducing as I feared. But I’m glad I went anyways. It’s always fun chatting with strangers who share your interest!

Mr. Martin looked tired but he was charming and kept us entertained with a stream of witty remarks. He greeted the crowd with, “So you are the people who didn’t get into Comic-Con!” And I appreciated how he answered questions from the audience in great detail.

He also plugged Jason Momoa’s Conan the Barbarian movie by saying it was a better version than the one with “your governor” and that “Jason is a better actor.”

During my seconds with Mr. Martin, I mentioned how this signing was a far cry from the last one of his I attended. He asked me where and I told him it was at the now-defunct Dangerous Visions in Sherman Oaks. He replied, “That was a long time ago!” With all the places he has visited, I’m impressed he remembered that little bookstore from a long time ago :cool4:

'Til next time! Hopefully, it'll be less than five years :D

Archived