The HBO Posters

K-Raptor

Is there anyone here who has this particular poster?

http://store.hbo.com/game-of-thrones-you-win-or-you-die-poster-24x36/detail.php?p=297710&v=hbo_shows_game-of-thrones_posters

I'd love to buy it, but I want to know if the poster is laminated (protected by a layer of clear films over the front and back). I've watched the video where Larry Williams is unboxing his poster and it appears glossy on the front as well on the back, so I'm guessing it IS laminated, but I want to know for sure.

So if someone who bought the poster can answer this question it is much appreciated ;)

Is there anyone here who has this particular poster?

http://store.hbo.com/game-of-thrones-you-win-or-you-die-poster-24x36/detail.php?p=297710&v=hbo_shows_game-of-thrones_posters

I'd love to buy it, but I want to know if the poster is laminated (protected by a layer of clear films over the front and back). I've watched the video where Larry Williams is unboxing his poster and it appears glossy on the front as well on the back, so I'm guessing it IS laminated, but I want to know for sure.

So if someone who bought the poster can answer this question it is much appreciated ;)

I own a print of that poster in that size. It IS NOT laminated. It just is printed on a gloss stock poster paper. Much like you see on most if not all movie posters. And it has great resolution. You can even make out the third eye on the raven at that poster size.

I own a print of that poster in that size. It IS NOT laminated. It just is printed on a gloss stock poster paper. Much like you see on most if not all movie posters. And it has great resolution. You can even make out the third eye on the raven at that poster size.

Thanks for the answer. Too bad it isn't laminated though.

I bought that poster from the HBO store, and mine IS laminated.

HBO does not list the LARGE size poster of Ned on the throne as laminated. THE SMALL one comes in a hard plastic sleeve, which some can interpret as lamination. And some people can misinterpret gloss stock paper as laminate

I've watched the video of Larry taking out the poster signed by Sean Bean too. Its a gloss stock paper. If it was laminated it wouldn't bend and crinkle like that. You would also see a translucent edge beyond the real paper poster.

Laminating a poster of that size costs more money. The poster on HBO shop is pricey as it is. You can laminate it at a FedexKinkos or a Office Max.

Thanks. I guess I won't buy it then. I'll wait for it to appear on another site that sells posters. Unfortunately the size I want is still not available. I live in the Netherlands by the way, so FedexKinkos and Office Max probably don't exist here. And I have no idea if I can laminate it elsewhere. I also just read that I can't even order it from the HBO store since they don't ship worldwide.

Thanks. I guess I won't buy it then. I'll wait for it to appear on another site that sells posters. Unfortunately the size I want is still not available. I live in the Netherlands by the way, so FedexKinkos and Office Max probably don't exist here. And I have no idea if I can laminate it elsewhere. I also just read that I can't even order it from the HBO store since they don't ship worldwide.

You can locate the posters, I think in both sizes, on Amazon.com. Also check moviegoods.com and movieposters.com. Those are some other sites I know. Did you want it laminated? I find laminating a picture that is printed on gloss stock paper makes light glare even worse and harder to view picture except directly in front of it. Specially if you are going to frame it again behind another pane of glass or clear plastic. I actually would have prefered if the printed it on a matte poster size paper.

Also have you checked the UK Hbo Shop?

You can locate the posters, I think in both sizes, on Amazon.com. Also check moviegoods.com and movieposters.com. Those are some other sites I know. Did you want it laminated? I find laminating a picture that is printed on gloss stock paper makes light glare even worse and harder to view picture except directly in front of it. Specially if you are going to frame it again behind another pane of glass or clear plastic. I actually would have prefered if the printed it on a matte poster size paper.

Also have you checked the UK Hbo Shop?

I checked moviegoods, but they still don't have the large size I want. And I want them laminated so they are protected. I paste them on a thin piece of wood, which I hang on my wall. And I think the UK shop doesn't ship internationally as well.

Archived