Mafia 82: Halloween at Lany's Haunted House

House Targaryen

Eh. Kind of leaning toward Frankie over Blacky; he explained his vote, but he didn't address thr night thing or respond to my attempts to fish for how much experience he had.

Wolfy, when did you start suspecting Blacky? Did I miss something because as far as I recall there was no talk that way until Genie smoke-bombed on the scene.

And yeah Genie, I would like to know why you don't like Blacky or Ghost. I thought I may have missed a nugget of reasoning, but nope. The only thing I can see from Blacky's post you pulled was that he might have been trying to signal 'message recieved', but I find that unlikely.

And Count - sorry! It was your suspicion on Witch when I was re-reading that made me realize the rest of us had erased her from our memory. Genie couldn't remember her and even Frankie posting the ones she'd missed didn't include Witch.

Speaking of Frankie - he is actively avoiding responding and not engaging in the game. Tons of one liners that lack substance. I can see why Wolfy is going after him, but I dislike the way Wolfy is framing it (he's not answering my question) instead of just more generally saying he's completely unengaged and non-responsive. The question itself is kind of a nit-pick, but the fact that Frankie glosses over it is a point against him.

Anyway, I decided to re-read.

Here it is in another medium.

Now I'm off for the next few hours.

You should sing this postgame, for everyone.

Good grief. Night.

Night. Let's not get to the killing until we've had time to think.

See, I'd ordinarily take this as a town tell but here I don't think it applies. Eh, maybe makes me feel a slight bit better about CB Ghost

This makes me want to vote for you, Lil Devil.

I'm not about to say why, and if anyone else realises I'd appreciate it if they didn't mention it either.

Coming out the gate like this just makes me feel good about Princess, whether it's an attempt to kick things going or there's something legitimate, or he's trolling I don't really mind - it looks townish based on any motivation.

*eating cake*

Was that some kind of confession, Princess? I'm thinking of reasons to communicate in a way only certain people would understand. Hm, why would someone do that?

This is a remarkably slimyish cheapshot, I think.

I hate this Emperor's new clothes BS. Princess, if you have something to say, share it with the class or do me favour and don't bring it up in the first place. Save it for the spoilers. Right now it feels like you are going for the 'too much of a jerk to be guilty' approach.

See, I don't like this. The first sentence is pretty much assuming Princess town right, but then goes on to some sort of weird too town to be town type fallacy that's not very convincing.

I wouldn't say I pushed for an explanation, but your interpretation may be different. I wanted to know a reason because I couldn't see one, yet offered everyone else the option to vote Lil' Devil so Princess could keep her secret and I could accept there was something I couldn't see.

Nobody has voted Lil' Devil and you're the only one who has said they might know what she's on about, but you're the most informed person in this situation so that was to be expected.

CB summed up exactly how I felt in its "unwashed masses". You might feel that holding information back from everyone is smart play; I not only disagree, but I think insinuating you have information you won't share goes towards being dangerous (as it's proving with all the votes on Princess (if she's innocent)).

Is it common FM play though? Can't say I recall seeing it, often if at all, but to bring it up as a point in Princess's favour would be a null tell - it's just WIFOM.

frownyface.jpg

Idk the last bit 'Oh, you're right it's NOT usually seen from FM but it's definitely a null tell - it's WIFOM' just feels like bad justification for it.

The whole dangerous paragraph has already been covered, I don't like it. It reads like insincere to me.

Onward I guess, this is less fun than posting the other way :sadface:

Strange thing is that what you feel about Wolffy is somewhat similar to what I feel about Fairy. What are your thoughts about Fairy?

Eh - had a slightly negative response to her posts. I'd have to go back and see why, but her first post was a joke vote I think, or at least it was made in a joking manner, and then she goes on to justify it later. Didn't sit entirely right, but my gut wasn't overly troubled.

Speaking of Frankie - he is actively avoiding responding and not engaging in the game. Tons of one liners that lack substance. I can see why Wolfy is going after him, but I dislike the way Wolfy is framing it (he's not answering my question) instead of just more generally saying he's completely unengaged and non-responsive. The question itself is kind of a nit-pick, but the fact that Frankie glosses over it is a point against him.

I don't think the questions you think are nitpicky are nitpicky, most seem fairly reasonable to me. I agree with Frankie being unengaged, it seems he only actively participates when questioned though. Also the whole pronoun question was remarkably silly.

And no, the Blackie post is more that it makes my gut twinge - it feels like the slimy potshot I see FM take more often than town.

Okay.

Let me think. Cowboy, Genie, and Count are probably innocent. I'm feeling better about Princess, so what the hell, I'll move her to the innocent camp.

Soldier is missing.

Bunny, Blacky, Frankie, Lil Devil, CB, Fairy. Who am I forgetting?

It's annoying that I'd finally decided CB was innocent, and now Genie made me paranoid again.

Cowboy, I suspect Frankie for the same reason Princess does, except he also parroted my wording about fishing for innocent credibility. His explanation was plausible, but I still don't like 1) the timing of his vote, and 2) his reaction to the night thIng (because I have a hunch he doesn't really suggest going to night every game).

Can I just ignore the rest of your case until tomorrow? I mean...yes, I understand why being a cautious voter looks scummy from an outside perspective. But I'm in no danger of a lynch, still have no clue who's guilty, and don't want to get into a quote battle on my phone. Also, this discussion is just making me overthink whoever I vote or don't vote.

Genie - I can see your point on that post. Subtly undermining without saying so. After re-reading a bit, I'd forgotten about Blacky's post where she responds to Frankie's explanation of fishing for cred. I don't see anything in that post that would make me feel differently about Frankie and it seemed to have softened his heart a bit.

Also, I had forgotten how wierd and out of the blue Frankie's vote for Princess was. At the time it was more than enough to make me feel comfortable leaving my vote on him and yeah - it makes no sense. As Princess says, he totally ignored everything going on and continued to RP, then out of nowhere the vote and later trying to justify it in the same manner that Ghost and Fairy did while parroting the 'fishing for cred' line. It didn't ring genuine.

OK, I give. Frankie. Wolfy is sidelined for now.

eta: Wolfy - your wish is granted :P

and you're forgetting Witchie Poo.

Don't you find my unexplained vote scummy? Clearly, only scum wouldn't be able to explain their reasons.

Question: how much of the thread have you read? Are you reading it in order?

I found this amusing/slight town tell but on the whole Wolffy's not THAT town but I'm leaning so, I think just based on a few small things. Eh. I dunno. I'm tempted to say we should just wagon Wolfy to tell once and for all but it makes it less useful when the wagon is obviously contrived to get a reaction.

Hi Genie! Nice to see you around to party with us! Have fun (I can see you do that already)!

I actually kinda found this townish but not sure.

Another thing about Wolfy - he questioned Frankie and pushed for him to explain what 'fishing for cred' was, and asked me to clarify 'why I understood his Genie vote'. On the surface those are reasonable questions, but they seem a little fluffy. The other one that I didn't really like was when the Count said he could smell the ladies (ew, by the way - bad taste) and Wolfy asked if he could smell which was scum. That was also a fluff question. I'm not saying that humor or levity shouldn't be used, but again .... these little things are adding up. Like he's going through the motions instead of really being interested.

Actually the fishing for cred line bugged the fuck out of me from Frankenstein too. It just seems like the worst 'blatant sheeping I don't know what was happening' type thing.

I'd kinda like more from Bunny - the vote that was dropped looks lazy as hell to me.

Genie - I can see your point on that post. Subtly undermining without saying so. After re-reading a bit, I'd forgotten about Blacky's post where she responds to Frankie's explanation of fishing for cred. I don't see anything in that post that would make me feel differently about Frankie and it seemed to have softened his heart a bit.

Also, I had forgotten how wierd and out of the blue Frankie's vote for Princess was. At the time it was more than enough to make me feel comfortable leaving my vote on him and yeah - it makes no sense. As Princess says, he totally ignored everything going on and continued to RP, then out of nowhere the vote and later trying to justify it in the same manner that Ghost and Fairy did while parroting the 'fishing for cred' line. It didn't ring genuine.

OK, I give. Frankie. Wolfy is sidelined for now.

eta: Wolfy - your wish is granted :P

and you're forgetting Witchie Poo.

There's something in the world called a 'timezone'. It's related to things like work schedules and adequate amounts of sleep.

Let me think. Cowboy, Genie, and Count are probably innocent. I'm feeling better about Princess, so what the hell, I'll move her to the innocent camp.

Whyyyyyyyy am I innocent?

Edit: i don't want quotes just...idk? I don't think I've been doing anything particularly brillaint or obvinnocent (don't use my asking as a tell)

I picked up on the pronoun thing because I was suspicious of players who seemed to know one another, Genie. Obviously this game is more lax about alt-guesses and role-playing than the games I'm used to.

I don't consider using he/she a viloation of the alt rules. Anything more than that would be.

13 players remain in the game: Blacky, Bunny, CB Ghost, Fairy, Frankie, Genie, Lil’ Devil, Soldier Boy, The Count, The Cowboy, The Princess, The Witch, Wolffy.

7 votes are needed to lynch or go to night.

4 vote(s) Frankie (Blacky, Witch, Princess, Cowboy)

3 vote(s) Princess (Fairy, CB Ghost, Frankie)

2 vote(s) Blacky (Genie, Count)

1 vote(s) Wolffy (Lil’Devil)

1 vote(s) Count (Bunny)

2 players have not voted: Soldier Boy, Wolffy

tbh - I am not a fan of people declaring people innocent in the early game. I'd rather people just threw out suspicions rather than help the FM focus their targets. That's just me though and I know people play differently. More specifically, I don't like seeing my name on inno lists this early.

tbh - I am not a fan of people declaring people innocent in the early game. I'd rather people just threw out suspicions rather than help the FM focus their targets. That's just me though and I know people play differently. More specifically, I don't like seeing my name on inno lists this early.

COWBOY - OBVIOUSLY AN FM

HAPPY?

I scumhunt via process of elimination, so I identify town and then usually try and work out who's scum from the rest.

Like I said, I know people have different styles, but you don't have to LIST your inno reads. I have a few too, but you'd have to read through my posts to figure it out rather than me explicitly painting a target on someone :P

Personally, I start with the mindset that everyone is guilty and have to be convinced otherwise.

Archived