Littlefinger and The North. Daenerys Speculation Included

JonBran

First off, I'll say that I love how greasy Littlefinger is, his schemes and plot twists are entertaining and I really hope he's looking out for the North because of his Tully love. Although it would not be surprising to learn he only cares about himself, and ultimately trying to live out his Cat fantasies by fucking Sansa.

There is a lot of query regarding Littlefingers motives... In one of Jamie's FFC chapters I came across potential foreshadowing... I'm paraphrasing here but Jamie has a thought along the lines of "The perfect Hand" when thinking of Littlefinger. Could this be Littlefinger's true motive? To become the King's Hand, only one rank away from King. He must know since he was not of noble birth he can never truely be king, so Hand is just as good.

His arranged marriage with Sansa to Harrold Hardyng

Would summon all the banners from the Vale to Sansa's cause, who remained inactive throughout the war thus far. Although they can hardly expect to defeat Euron, Tommen and Stannis. The strength of the Eyrie is in it's setting, they cannot expect their enemies to willingly submit themselves to slaughter.

Here is where Littlefinger comes in handy again. He is Lord Paramount of the Trident and Lord of Harrenhal.

The remaning men at Harrenhal, while under Lannister command, are essentially all Ser Gregor's men. They could easily be won over by gold to fight for the North and LF is the former master of coin.

Also, being Lord Paramount, there are still banners along the Trident and of Riverrun under Littlefinger's command who reluctantly swore fealty to Tommen. They would lend their support at once to any cause of Sansa's or Stark.

The crannogmen are also available to the North's cause, so including the frog people we speculatively have The Vale, (roughly) half the River Lords, and a crude gang of Gregor's followers.

Thoughts? Comments? Flaws in the Theory?

Also this is a STRETCH but.. If Dany crossed the Narrow Sea in time, she would ultimately look to rule the 7 kingdoms. But if the Rhaegar/Lyanna theory of Jon Snow proves true, perhaps the 3 to rule the dragons are Dany, Jon and Bran.

Jon connects the 3 by blood, Dany his aunt and Bran his cousin. Jon and Bran are both wargs, Sansa is not and Arya has decided to follow the God of Death which leads me to believe she will surrender any warging ability inherited through her Old Gods.

If this is the case Sansa would bend the knee to Dany and help her conquer Westeros.

This last part is outlandish I know but ADD/SUBTRACT your own opinion on any part of these connected theroies!!!

I agree with you. However, my theory is that a few independent Kingdoms will arise. The North, including the Vale and the Riverlands, led by Queen Sansa Stark, with her Hand Petyr Baelish. The Southern lands, including the Westerlands, the Reach, Dorne and the Stormlands, led by Daenerys Targarayen on the Iron Throne. And last but least the independent Iron Islands.

Just my thoughts on it.

I can see Dorne following Dany especially after Arianne found out Viserys was her betrothed. But the Westerlands and Southernlands could have a pending feud thanks to Cersei's attempted character assassination of Margery Tyrell, I don't see them remaining friendly much longer.

I can see Dorne following Dany especially after Arianne found out Viserys was her betrothed. But the Westerlands and Southernlands could have a pending feud thanks to Cersei's attempted character assassination of Margery Tyrell, I don't see them remaining friendly much longer.

Ah, well yeah, you are right about that. I need to know how the Cersei / Margery story unfolds before I can comment on it.

Archived