A wiki of Ice and Fire Question

Hey everyone,

I have a question related to AWOIAF, and I hope this is the right place to ask it. In the wiki I wanted to update the pages of two characters, Bronze Yohn Royce and Baelor Blacktyde, by uploading pictures of them. The art pieces, however, are used in the Card Game. I tried contacting the artists, but I could find the contacts of only one of them, and the websites are quite outdated. I get a feeling I won't get to speak with the artists to ask for persmission to upload the photos. Do you think there would be a problem to upload the pictures of the cards as the are? Or should I try contacting the Card company to ask for the art?

Thanks for the attention,

Doby

Hey everyone,

I have a question related to AWOIAF, and I hope this is the right place to ask it. In the wiki I wanted to update the pages of two characters, Bronze Yohn Royce and Baelor Blacktyde, by uploading pictures of them. The art pieces, however, are used in the Card Game. I tried contacting the artists, but I could find the contacts of only one of them, and the websites are quite outdated. I get a feeling I won't get to speak with the artists to ask for persmission to upload the photos. Do you think there would be a problem to upload the pictures of the cards as the are? Or should I try contacting the Card company to ask for the art?

Thanks for the attention,

Doby

You should contact the company that published the cards to get permition and they are most likely the owners of the copyright.

You may also want ro contact Ran or Scafloc to see if the wiki has permition to use the images on the cards.

You should contact the company that published the cards to get permition and they are most likely the owners of the copyright.

You may also want ro contact Ran or Scafloc to see if the wiki has permition to use the images on the cards.

Thanks, I'll do that then, and I'll try to contact the company. On the bottom of the card it says that George Martin also has copyrights. Is there any point in asking him? And if there is, does he have an e-mail for fan questions(or other contacts)?

Thanks for the answers :)

George Martin hold copyright of the world and characters, the art is copyrighted to ffg and lets just say its very unlikelly you are going to get permission from them(even though their art is posted everywhere starting from fanpop to numerous other sites), otherwise you'd see less TV screen caps on the WIKI and more art saying copyrighted ffg ;)

If you want to get more info on this Scafloc would be the person to contact, as he was incontact with ffg. If its some general art posted on devaint I am usually scoping it up every few weeks http://mor2.deviantart.com/

Archived