You have gained the ability to teleport to Westeros.

Imagine that you have gained the ability to teleport to and from Westeros. The time period is the end of ADwD. You can transport yourself anywhere in Westeros, but when you return, you're always where you were, and at the same time you left, so it's not so noticeable, but anything you're wearing or holding comes with you, except people and animals. (So if you change clothes or get weapon in Westeros, they'll come back to the real world too).

You can bring anything you want from our world to theirs, as long as you can get your hands on it. (So if you want to bring a gun, you have to get one in the real world first). One limit on this power is you can't teleport anywhere specifically. If you go to Winterfell, you'll appear in the main courtyard, and never anywhere else. If you appear in a village, you'll be in the middle of it. (So you can't just appear behind someones back, stab them, and teleport away, it won't work).

Also, the power works so that no matter where you are, people won't notice you magically appearing or disappearing. (So if you appear somewhere, people will think you just walked there, if you disappear people will think you walked away, or if you're in danger, ran away. People still might notice your clothes or anything you have with you, if it's from our world).

Also, for the sake of this discussion, let's pretend that there will be no problem with diseases, you won't catch theirs due to a lack of antibodies, or vice versa. (You can still catch a cold or the flu or get a fever though).

If you gained this power, what would you do with it, and why?

Edit: If you want, also say what you'd do if you had this power, but it was a a one time only deal. One trip there, and one trip back. You can plan ahead, bring anything you want as long as it's not a person, an animal, or if it's bigger than you. You don't have to use the trip back, but if you do, you go back as you are in Westeros/Essos. If you have a sword, or have gained magic powers, they come too. If you somehow become a warg, all you're warged animals come back too. You still can't take people/big things/normal animals back to the real world though.

So, if you want, answer this question too.

Edit: If you want, you can team up with other members of the conversation and work together

I'd get my hands on some body-armor and an automatic rifle. Then I'd port into the courtyard of The Twins. I'd slowly make my way to Lord Frey, killing anyone that tries to stop me. As I reach Lord Frey I put my gun on safety. No sense in wasting a bullet on a 90-some odd year old weakling. And right before I break his neck, i whisper to him, "the North remembers."

Hasta la vista, baby.

I'd get my hands on some body-armor and an automatic rifle. Then I'd port into the courtyard of The Twins. I'd slowly make my way to Lord Frey, killing anyone that tries to stop me. As I reach Lord Frey I put my gun on safety. No sense in wasting a bullet on a 90-some odd year old weakling. And right before I break his neck, i whisper to him, "the North remembers."

Hasta la vista, baby.

Right behind you with Dictatorship for Dummies on my ipad (solar charger included).

My kayak, rod n' reels and some lures/other tackle...go fish the east coast... Of course all with a nice automatic weapon and some swat-type body armor for arrows...

All could be loaded on kayak...kayak would be attatched to a kayak dolly, so i could just wheel it up to and out of the portal...

Tight lines...

Just wondering though, would a bullet pierce plate armour?.

Chain mail might be able to withstand a .22 bullet. Any higher caliber bullet against any type of metal armor would be devestating. Not only do you have a bullet in you, you also have all the shrapnel of the remains of your armor inside you as well.

This is why modern soldiers use Kevlar over ceramic plates.

I'd go to Greywater watch, gather together the reeds, Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont, and attack Ramsay Snow from the south, using swamp passages to take Moat Cailin before rallying White harbour, flints finger, ramsgate, oldstones, widows watch the rills and the barrowlands and attack Winterfell from the south while Stannis defeats the bastard.

I would definitely get some guns and I'd try to find something I could sell for a bunch of money. Shouldn't be too hard.

I don't know what I would do exactly, but I would damn sure get some exploring done. I would find a Stark and hang around them or something. Or maybe not, because they're always in dangerous situations. I might also "invent" something and profit from that.

Archived