Could Got of Thrones been even better?

thedisciple

I know its borderline sacriledge to suggest the books could of been better but.....

Wouldn't it have been cool if we the reader/viewer did not know the secret Ned is trying to uncover?

In other words, could an amazing novel been even more amazing if we found out the secret along with Ned towards the end of the book?

It would have added another element of mystery and suspence I think

They still could have done Bran's fall off the wall. He just wouldn't have seen/recognized who the two people were.

I did not know the secret Ned was trying to discover. I had no idea Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella were Jaime and Cersei's children and not Roberts.

I did not know the secret Ned was trying to discover. I had no idea Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella were Jaime and Cersei's children and not Roberts.

A lot of people did not pick up on the fact that Joffrey was the product of Cersei/Jaime incest until late, but I think George sprung the knowledge of their relationship on us a bit early.

It would have been cool to have been hit over the head with the fact that Cersei and Jaime were having sex and and that Joffrey was their kid at the same time or around the same time. Would have been a huge one/two punch to the gut.

I don't know, a minor point that just popped into my head.

• 2 weeks later...

I at first thought the same thing. But without the reader knowing the secret early on, Ned's thoughts, actions, conversations and relationships could not have been revealed in a POV, making for a slower evolving story. There are bigger fish to fry in the seven kingdoms beyond Joffrey's banjo-picking roots.

Archived