Who Lives, Who Dies? (Possible Spoilers)

Lives:

Davos- One of the few characters who seem truly good-hearted. A shame if he dies.

Stannis- He is a just man. Misguided, but just. He's not gong to be king of anything but I think he'll live.

Brienne- Another honorable character (yes, I know, that didn't help Ned, but to be totally fair, if R+L=J then Ned knowingly sheltered a Targ for years, thus making him a traitor to the crown)

Bran- I think he will play an important part in the rebuilding of the realm (or parts of it) after the Others and the dragons have made a slushy, rubble-strewn mess of the place

Rickon- Probably. My theory is that he might end up as the lord of Winterfell

Sansa- Tougher than she looks

Jon- When I read Jon's final POV in Dance I thought that the most likely outcome would be A) John is dead and stays dead or Jon is dead and will be brought back by Melisandre. Then I remembered who was writing the books and I think C) none of the above. It could have something to do with his warging, but not necessarily. Jon will be central to the outcome of the books. Plus he doesn't know who his mother is and why make it a thing if he's never going to find out?

Samwell Tarly- so that he can become a maester, possibly Grand Maester :thumbsup:

The Blackfish- 'cause he's rad

Walder Frey- I think he will live and see all of his kin perish

Asha- just a feeling

Meera

Hodor

Bronn

The Hound- he deserves a shot at redemption

On the fence:

Jaime- wishful thinking that he'll live, but I'm pretty sure Cersei's demise is at hand and the books hint that they came into the world together and they will leave together

Tyrion- it would be a shame but he is a kinslayer (unless Tywin wasn't his father, and I'm not sure how likely that is)

Arya- a cool but tragic character with a lot of blood on her hands

Daenerys- There has been so much build-up, I can't see her taking her dragons across the sea, beating the Others and reigning happily as queen.

Jorah- I think his fate is tied to Daenerys

Ser Loras- If he lives he won't be the same

Dies: (mostly I just HOPE these characters will die)

Cersei- almost certainly

Littlefinger- nasty, scheming little man

Ser Barristan- he's a good man, but old, and I think he would prefer to die in battle rather then linger on

The Boltons

Melisandre

Shireen- sad, but I think she is already a "dead girl"

Patchface

Theon- I think he will die for the Starks, and that would be fitting

Jojen- because they talk about it

Margaery- to stop her from marrying EVERYONE who looks like they have a shot at the iron throne

Jon Connington- because he has greyscale

Catelyn- to put her out of her misery

Gregor- if you can kill a guy twice

Thoros of Myr- He's seen the darker side of the Lord of Light. I think he's doomed.

As for the rest, I would have to go back and re-read the books.

You seem to be thinking that the people who are nice and honorable will survive because they are nice and honorable, and all the bad people will die. You clearly have not thoroughly read ASOIAF.

A little bit of prospective? This is the big WInter we have all been waiting for as of decades now. Undoubtedly GRRM will live up to that expectation by honouring us readers with the shock that awe and inspiration we have been following as a story. That as readers have come to expect from the unexpected. Spring as the last book will leave conclussion to all those many strings, and whatever arc's remain giving us closure to this epic story.

I suppose what next book means many many will die. There aren't really many heroes as these characters are all mostly just pretenders or combatants with their own rules of how to play this game. There will need to be left certain elements for possible conclussion, but personally I am hoping in expectation of massive destruction, as Winter has now finally arrived?

There were so many conflicts and cliffhangers upon last books ending. With next book following leaving just enough pretenders or stragglers to keep in the realms alive long enough before a final purge. There ain't no real heroes in this story Ned gone and died in book one.........

You seem to be thinking that the people who are nice and honorable will survive because they are nice and honorable, and all the bad people will die. You clearly have not thoroughly read ASOIAF.

When reading the books it seemed to me that most of the characters earned their fate. If any of the "honorable" people on my "lives" list break a taboo I'm sure they'll be done away with. But thanks for insulting me. I hope it made you feel good.

Archived