Mafia 92 Game thread.

House Targaryen

I'd like to say loads of interesting things have happened while I've been gone, but that wouldn't be entirely true. Bit of a slow game, but there have been a few odd things.

Like Heracles- I really don't know what to make of Heracles to be quite honest. It's probably that I don't know when he's being serious or not. 2 or 3 summary reads where he gives arbitrary opinions without any real basis as far as I can see. I know it's only Day 1 but you can't just say Atalanta is "prob scum" and Orion is a symp and Jason is "prob town, but I see something suspicious"... it doesn't even make any sense!

And Heracles what was the vote hopping about? You moved from Ajax, to Odysseus, to Ajax?? You've said your reasons for Ajax, but why Odysseus?

And then asking whether we should lynch today...or whether we should get the deadline extended?? I mean there's always a few stragglers who don't make it until the end of Day 1, that's fairly standard.

So yeah, I find Heracles behaviour odd, it might just be because I don't understand where he's coming from.

---

Achilles is the person with a vote on Heracles, which came from the RP stage... just wondering what are your reasons for thinking Heracles is the most suspicious??

I like Orion, he's the one I think is most town so far. Obviously not writing him completely into my good books, but he makes good points.

I've got a complete null read on Perseus, not quite sure why so many people think he's town...but he did make a good point about Theseus.

Theseus definitely seems to be coasting to date. Lots of posts, but very very little content. This post by him sums him up imo:

Who is scum, err, well if I had any idea about who is scum, I would vote them. Right now I'm waiting for more content.

He seems happy to wait for stuff to happen, rather than causing it himself. I don't like that, I'd like to see Theseus push a few more people.

As for the rest, I'm not sure why some people think Ajax is scum...he's not really posted much so far. It's similar with the rest. Jason's posted nothing of note really, like to see more from him. Odysseus did have a couple of odd-looking posts but we were still in RP stage and Atalanta has posted nothing non-joking.

It is day 1

13 players remain: Achilles, Ajax, Atalanta, Bellerophon, Chiron, Heracles, Hippolyta, Jason the Argonaut, Oedius, Odysseus, Orion, Perseus, Theseus.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

2 votes for Jason the Argonaut (Odysseus, Atalanta)

2 votes for Heracles (Achilles, Orion)

2 votes for Odysseus (Ajax, Heracles)

1 vote for Orion (Jason the Argonaut)

1 vote for Perseus (Bellerophon)

1 vote for Theseus (Perseus)

1 vote for Ajax (Theseus)

3 players have not voted: Chiron, Hippolyta, Oedius.

^_^ OMG Bellerophon is my new best friend, sry Orion, that post was pretty awesome and had some good insight

I just got Done reading Hercules and I want to know what changed his mind about Orion. He had Orion as scum and just two posts was saying Orion just overreacted, which i didnt see, but not scum?

Reading somemore but my two big town reads right now are

Orion and Bellerophon

^_^ OMG Bellerophon is my new best friend, sry Orion, that post was pretty awesome and had some good insight

I just got Done reading Hercules and I want to know what changed his mind about Orion. He had Orion as scum and just two posts was saying Orion just overreacted, which i didnt see, but not scum?

Reading somemore but my two big town reads right now are

Orion and Bellerophon

Why do you read Orion as town? I see that some people are giving her town points for the overreation (which didn't feel especially organic to me FTR), but you didn't see that. So why?

Persus is defintely coasting his way throuhg with weak posts and not much useful content to share, vote Orion for his joke post about greek mythology? i think correct me if I am wrong, then does a remove vote which I mean really why do that when you just a little bit later vote Theseus? You are defintly looking suspicous to me right now

Why do you read Orion as town? I see that some people are giving her town points for the overreation (which didn't feel especially organic to me FTR), but you didn't see that. So why?

I dont think there was an overreaction, It felt to me that Orion was actually goading others into thinking she was overreacting. It was quite entertaing in itself and also I am feeling good in the gut about Orions posts.

I just dont see anyting in them that would be scum, also Orion was my first best friend here so she gets extra town points for that :P

Are you joking?

Bellerofon's last post is pretty mediocre. Not entirely wishy-washy, but his opinions are weak.

Are you joking?

Bellerofon's last post is pretty mediocre. Not entirely wishy-washy, but his opinions are weak.

I am a ninja you can never know when im serious or not. :P Everyones opinions are weak right now we dont have much to go on just yet but just to clarify I do like his mediocre post it has defintly been better then anything you have presented us to work with

Ajax, will you reply this post?

Orion., on 04 July 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Wait. Weren't you the one talking about a 2% legit vote. That is pretty much the definition of weak. I'm having a hard time following your train of thought.

Um...ok?

Yes.

Agreed.

That's unfortunate. :P Pretty sure I clarified after this was posted and I don't think I can break it down further. Is there still someting you are unclear on Theseus?

Are you joking?

That and I'm pretty sure he went out of his way to comment on everyone who has posted so far, not just the ones who stood out. I'll double check.

eta- Yup.

Sorry, I went to bed. Oh goody, everyone's reading me as scum! Yay! <_<

Probably won't be around for the end of the vote since I'm busy today, but I'll be here for a little while longer.

FOR SHAME! Roman fiend! This is GREECE!

I wasn't sure if Orion was scum, I was only applying pressure to see if she made a scumtell and she didn't. Now I have a gut feeling that she is town. Her defence seemed typically town-ish. And I really hated Perseus's reason for voting her. Really man? By changing the vote from Ajax to Odysseus and back to Ajax I was trying to scumhunt. I wanted to see if anyone asked me why I voted Odysseus and nobody asked. BTW my vote is still on Ajax. He is continuing to lurk, but this time it's active.I see Ajax and Perseus as the scum partners with Bellerophon as the symp, but that's only gut feeling.

It is day 1

13 players remain: Achilles, Ajax, Atalanta, Bellerophon, Chiron, Heracles, Hippolyta, Jason the Argonaut, Oedius, Odysseus, Orion, Perseus, Theseus.

2 votes for Ajax (Theseus, Heracles)

1 vote for Odysseus (Ajax)

I don't think Orion overreacted, my reading of it was that she was responding a bit tongue-in-cheek. I think she's the most town-looking person because the points she made were good in a game really lacking in them.

I wasn't sure if Orion was scum, I was only applying pressure to see if she made a scumtell and she didn't. Now I have a gut feeling that she is town. Her defence seemed typically town-ish. And I really hated Perseus's reason for voting her. Really man? By changing the vote from Ajax to Odysseus and back to Ajax I was trying to scumhunt. I wanted to see if anyone asked me why I voted Odysseus and nobody asked. BTW my vote is still on Ajax. He is continuing to lurk, but this time it's active.I see Ajax and Perseus as the scum partners with Bellerophon as the symp, but that's only gut feeling.

And now you're giving out for me asking why you vote-hopped, when that was your original plan? And how did you expect that plan to work? If someone asked you why you moved to Odysseus, what were you going to say? How was that going to lure out scum?

And someone else made an excellent point earlier...when you tell somebody that your vote is on them to fish for a reaction, it doesn't really work.

And you never explained this post "

My gut feeling says Jason is scum, but his posts are obv town"..... it doesn't really make sense.

It is day 1

2 votes for Ajax (Theseus, Heracles)

1 vote for Odysseus (Ajax)

Hey you lazy sod im voting for Hercules :P

Archived