Entire song of Ice and Fire reread (with spoilers) idea

Agnhd86

Hello everyone, I am new to the reread forum and just posted and introduction today.

I would like to indulge everyone into a read of at least the first book of the series, AGOT, with a full discussion of the events in light of the information we receive in later books. I understand that this is an undertaking of massive scale, but I have yet to see this done for the series to this point. If you have found one please let me know.

This will afford everyone who has read through the entire series a discussion of issues that maybe they have not been familiarized with through their readings. This also gives us something to do while waiting for, the winds of winter, and may allow us to discover what George RR Martin may have planned for the series.

I need everyone's suggestions and in put as to if this is feasible, how many people would be able to join, and other ideas that the community wants to do.

Thanks everyone for their time and looking forward to your responses,

And again I am very glad to be here.

I guess everyone whom has been viewing this topic need just abit more information as to how I would be going about this plan

I would start a thread topic about this and then edit, to put in all the links to the specific chapters as I complete them. I will put up questions that I had while I went through this read through as to where there might be places of foreshadowing. This is quite a large book and since I am doing this for fun, I am thinking that I will finish probably a least 2-3 chapters per week starting this week to hopefully finish by next year. We will see how It goes.

I am going to take everyone's silence as a "get on with it already". Lol.

I am definitely interested in being a part of this, but I think we should get a little more concrete.

Once we get through the first several chapters we should choose a direction to go in. ie. character development, foreshadowing, or something else.

Knowing what we all already know with one run through of the books I think we should take what we already know and apply past knowledge retroactively.

Basically, I'd prefer to greensee the books as opposed to taking the Blind Beth route :cool4:

Enough chit-chat from me bring on Will and the prologue!

• 4 months later...

Archived