Legendary Swords Reappearing?

kingowinter

I still think Longclaw is Dark Sister. Blackfyre will likely show up with Aegon. Brightroar, meh I dunno maybe it shows up. Do we know how they lost it to begin with?

Nevermind I just found out. Tommen II who was King of the Rock sailed to Valyria and never returned. As far as we know the King's boat would have sunk and Brightroar could be at the bottom of the ocean.

He was sent there from the dungeons and I doubt he was allowed to take Dark Sister with him. My money is on Illyrio as it's current owner -- if he hunted down Blackfyre it's likely he would've tried to find Dark Sister as well.
One should assume that Egg sent it to The Wall when Bloodraven was chosen for Lord Commander at least. Only the best for the Night's Watch!
Very, very unlikely. We would've heard about that if so.

Well, you don't have to be a Stark or a Mormont to learn that Longclaw can be found at Castle Black. Since Dark Sister is a Targaryen family sword, I take it Aemon took some care of it's whereabouts. The fact that Jon Snow never speaks about it - well, Jon doesn't speak about a lot of things.

The day Arya hears about Jon's death isn't the day that she quits the FM but commits herself to them fully -- i.e. throwing needle in a canal and going full faceless.

Seems a bit strange to assume John Snow is dead. After all we know, he has a minor scratch at his throat, a stab in his belly - he wrenched the dagger free by himself - and one between his shoulder blades. We don't know for sure wether there was another stab - the fourth knife might have hit Bowen Marsh as well. We don't even know wether he went down because he fainted or because he wanted to make the "target smaller", as Syrio Forel would have put it. Cesar took more than a dozen hits before going down, but Cesar was an idiot, and he died.

Cesar also had the bad luck that the conspirators were armed and his friends were not. When the screaming starts at Castle Black, we learn everybody streams out of the buildings. So there are 200 men from the Shieldhall around eager to follow Jon to Winterfell, probably with the same equipment as the rebellious stewards. His guards Horse and Rory stand next to him. Hard to imagine Tormund & Co just standing by and saying : "Oh, look! They are stabbing the Lord Commander!" while Bowen Marsh gives his minority vote by dagger. No reason for Ghost escaping from Jon's chamber or for Melisandre using some magic.

Jon Snow got bad case of cliffhanger. Nothing else is proven as yet.

One should assume that Egg sent it to The Wall when Bloodraven was chosen for Lord Commander at least. Only the best for the Night's Watch!

He was sent there dishonorably. They basically wanted to get rid of the guy. Doubt they let him keep Dark Sister.

Well, you don't have to be a Stark or a Mormont to learn that Longclaw can be found at Castle Black. Since Dark Sister is a Targaryen family sword, I take it Aemon took some care of it's whereabouts. The fact that Jon Snow never speaks about it - well, Jon doesn't speak about a lot of things.

I'm not sure what you're getting at? But does this have to do with the Longclaw = Dark Sister theory? If so that's another thing that's not at all likely (different sizes).

Seems a bit strange to assume John Snow is dead.

I never said he was -- or at least going to stay that way. Either way, it's not like Arya will know the difference if she gets word about the assassination of the LC of the Night's Watch.

Archived