An athletic Tyrion?

Fitzochris

I'm re-reading Game of Thrones again (what else is there to do until WoW comes out?) and one thing that struck me is Tyrion's apparent athleticism when he first meets Jon Snow. He somersaults down from above a stone archway and lands deftly on two feet.

However, this is at odds with the rest of the series. In the other books (and in the remainder of GoT), you are given the impression Tyrion is quite an awkward customer physically, with his legs always cramping and him being described as waddling etc.

Thoughts?

When asked if there is anything he would change now in his books, GRRM said it would be this scene with Tyrion.

Would you like to change anything of the first books?

Yes, I imagine…

Such as…

Ahm... Wait... What would I like to change? Well, I might like to change the scene where Tyrion Lannister is first introduced; the scene where Tyrion jumps from the top of a gate; it isn’t possible. By then I had very few references about people of its condition and it was later when I came to know more extended details about his physical challenges. So that’s one of the things I would change.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/72570529.html#ixzz2DQ9E8Sko

Archived