Ice and Fire - Jon and Dany - Scene Structure

GreyWarden

Hello fellow thronees, this is my first actual topic post after a month of lurking on the forum.

As I was re-watching the first and second seasons; I couldn't help but notice a trend that was going on throughout the majority of episodes in regards to editing and scene structure. I noticed that after almost every scene with Daenerys was subsequently followed by a scene from Jon or vice versa. I will explain.

Dany scenes are usually warmer in tint (dominated by orange, reddish, yellowish hues) because she obviously spends most of her time far east. Jon, on the other hand, spends most of his time defending the realm far north on the wall and has his scenes tinted mostly in cool temperatures (blues, teals, etc.) The editors probably did this to juxtapose the two scenes giving the audience different moods and playing off the power of opposites to attract and keep the audience engaged. However I can't help but feel there's something else underlying all of this.

These scenes were structured in specific order for specific reasons by the director, editor, and even the executive producers (one of which being GRRM). The order of Dany to Jon or Jon to Dany was definitely not by accident. The official reason I have no clue other than the hypothesis I came up with above.^

What I'd like to believe however is that the reason for this ordering is to hint at the true song of Ice and Fire. That maybe Dany and Jon are connected in someway, which is way their scenes are mostly shown right after the other even knowing how far apart they are and how opposite their stories have become. But that's just me, as I will make it clear I am a big supporter of having Jon and Dany meet sometime along the story and maybe develop a romance. I think it'll be awesome.

Have any of you noticed the same pattern? What do you think it means? Am I being delusional? Thoughts please!

Archived