Mel's predictions on the wall

just want to search

Humm, well, yes. The way Stannis sees it it probably could be. Though even if he knew it probably was Mels idea and one he didn´t much like at first. The dangers of it were considerable especially since him being busted (Mance could now) would be an extremely bad thing. Politicaly, not only subjectivly. The benefits on the other hand... I admit I am not sure if sending Mance after "Arya" was Mels idea before or after Stannis left. Without that plan I´m not sure how much benefit there would be (again the way Stannis sees it). Even with that plan its kind of a wild gamble. Maybe he hoped "Rattleshirt" would get caught as is and be disposed of. At any rate I think we should find this out. Boltons men probably know now (the cage sounded pretty public, right?), they will hardly keep it down and once the knowledge gets out... for one reason or another Stannis is gonna fume. *shrug* Just as well if you ask me.

Stannis didn't know about the "Arya" plan . He had already left the wall before Mel had the vision of the grey girl.So That was strictly Mel's plan for a way to get Jon to trust her...so she could get closer to him,and possibly get him to produce shadow babies... etc., etc. ( I don't want to take this too far afield )

Stannis saw use in Mance as intel on the Others and a way to bind the wildlings to him (Stannis) .

Archived