Jon Snow vs Ramsey Bolton? what if....?

Joshua the Frey Slayer

From what we know of army strength, I believe Bolton and co. are said to have about 6000 soldiers. Initially Frey brought 2000 men with him, how many are still living, I don't know, but if the Manderlys and Freys are not involved, Bolton could be down to 2000-4000 men.

If all of the wildlings join Jon, Tormund claims he has 4000 with him, though it is speculated the number is somewhere north of 3000 in truth.

Bolton should have something like 3000-3500 men left at least. Freys brought 2000 men with them. Part of the Umbers and Karstarks joined Bolton. Manderlys officially have some troops with them, but as Roose rightfully suspects they're downright disloyal. Then comes the lesser houses like Dustins, Rhyswells, Flints, Hornwoods, Cerwyns etc. I actually suspect that Roose Bolton has at least 6000-7000 troops nominally with him.

However, I highly would've expected that if the bastard son of Eddard Stark came marching south to confront Bolton, Bolton's army would melt away pretty quickly. Or rather, simply quit the field, even though they're facing the hated Wildlings. And perhaps even start attacking the Frey contingent.

Unfortunately we'll never get to see this showdown. Looked forward to seeing Jon lodging Longclaw in Ramsay's neck, but Martin "cheated" me out of that one. :(

• 7 months later...

Bolton should have something like 3000-3500 men left at least. Freys brought 2000 men with them. Part of the Umbers and Karstarks joined Bolton. Manderlys officially have some troops with them, but as Roose rightfully suspects they're downright disloyal. Then comes the lesser houses like Dustins, Rhyswells, Flints, Hornwoods, Cerwyns etc. I actually suspect that Roose Bolton has at least 6000-7000 troops nominally with him.

However, I highly would've expected that if the bastard son of Eddard Stark came marching south to confront Bolton, Bolton's army would melt away pretty quickly. Or rather, simply quit the field, even though they're facing the hated Wildlings. And perhaps even start attacking the Frey contingent.

Unfortunately we'll never get to see this showdown. Looked forward to seeing Jon lodging Longclaw in Ramsay's neck, but Martin "cheated" me out of that one. :(

mountin clans are with stannis .... get it right

Archived