The Costumes And Changing Look Of Season 2...

HedgeKnight Watson

I noticed in Season 2 that a lot of the male characters took to wearing these ridiculously huge shoulder cloaks. I don't really recall the fashion being prevalent in the first season, but come 2x01, everyone's rocking the look. Joffrey, Tywin (as seen in the link below), even Littlefinger wears one once he gets out of King's Landing to treat with the Tyrells.

So does anyone have an idea as to the general aim of these things? I presume they're just southern fashions, but I did find it rather interesting that the look became prevalent when S2 took off.

Tywin's fabulous shoulder-curtain: http://clothesmonaut.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/game-of-thrones-tyvin-lannister-red-shoulder-cloak.jpg

Never really noticed it. I noticed Joffrey was sporting his Lannister armor more than in S1 (if he ever even wore it in S1) and I guess Tywin and his cloak. But can't think of any other examples. I didn't even notice Littlefinger ever wearing anything different than his garments from S1.

Littlefinger and Joffrey wear it too, but is not as long as Tywin's in that pic. Joffrey wears it again in the "No Mercy" trailer and there it goes only until his knees. Still, you have to remember one thing: medieval nobility fashion is supposed to look ridiculous :P

Littlefinger and Joffrey wear it too, but is not as long as Tywin's in that pic. Joffrey wears it again in the "No Mercy" trailer and there it goes only until his knees. Still, you have to remember one thing: medieval nobility fashion is supposed to look ridiculous :P

I... I... that is indeed a good point. We all remember Margaery's ridiculous costumes in season two...

Archived