If and when Dany/Aegon tries to take the Iron Throne

I agree so much! people keep pointing out that she may not be barren, but that's not the point..SHE thinks she's barren, yet has no plans whatsoever for her heir. She is so focused on the conquest, and for what? so the targaryens can die out completely and another succession war can happen? I find it really selfish.

My freind selfish she may be, but lets not underestimate revenge as a driving force, I mean you kill members of somebodies family in the fashion hers were killed you better expect it coming screw the succession.

Dany__iron born, vale,and half storm lands

Aegon - Dorne some storm lords

The north will push for independence

i think actually dany will land in westerlands lannisport after she has taken care of euron...aegon will take the stormlands and some of the reach hightower will rally too him along with the martells and all there bannermen btw the succession laws at this point doesnt mean jack when there are so many claims and that claim is only for the common people to accepts and i think jon will take the north now along with the vale and the river lands kings landing will be untouched by those three so fare and arya i think will kill tommen, and maybe myrcella

i think tommen and myrcella will end up dying later on in the series, probably before the others come but after or during the war happens, so i think the tyrells and lannisters will stick with tommen for king (though they may fight each other at one point) stannis wont acknowledge them as rightful rulers of westeros, as he already knew of dany's existence, and thousands of miles away or not, he wouldnt claim the throne if he didnt believe himself to be rightful king. So this is the way things shape up, with Aegon and Dany forming seperate sides:

Aegon

Dorne (including Yronwood, after what happened to Quentyn danaerys wont win dorne, and quentyn was yronwood's ward, so to join dany, ambitious or not, would be pretty low for any lord)

whatevers left of the forces of the stormlands

Danerys

Greyjoys

Hightowers might join either side but dont know which one.

Obviously both sides have armies already aegon has the GC, and dany unsullied, mercenaries, and dragons. So i think as far as westerosi houses this will be all the support both sides gain, at least at first

Aegon:

- his cousins in Dorne.

Arianne is quite curious for him and has a pretty low opinion of Dany the kinslayer, betrayer and whatever.

Quentyn's death will be blamed on Dany as well.

- the Stormlords. He has taken most of the Stormlands,

Storms End

and JonCon was quite popular there.

- part of the Reach. Tarly, Hightower, what remains of the Florents are the most likely, but not the only ones to switch sides. They've got reasons to hate the Tyrells and Lannisters, they've got problems Aegon can solve quickly and the Golden Company has "friends in the Reach".

- the Golden Company of course.

- maybe the Faith. Educated by a septa, believing in the Seven, male, no incest, no demon-worshipping, no slaves, no Dothraki, of all the candidates he is the one to fit the profile of the Faith.

Dany:

- the Iron Fleet.

- maybe Euron Greyjoy

The Lannisters/Tyrells are unlikely to be completely finished by that point and they will try to push their own candidate. Whether that's still (a living) Tommen or the Tyrells make an open bid for the throne, who knows.

The North will back a Stark. Jon, Rickon or Bran. He may go for King in the North, or he may support Stannis. Could be that the Riverlords join them again.

The Vale will either align with the Stark in Winterfell (if Sansa has her way) or keep its forces back, waiting for a chance to decide the struggle and reap the benefits (LF).

If Aegon and/or Dany would eventually start a war to overthrow the current king Sitting on the Iron Throne and claiming their birthrights, which Houses would rally to their side?

Martell is an obvious one of course, but in case Dany and Aegon fight one another, which side would the Martells take?

Do you think the Tyrells would forsake their pacts with the Lannisters in order to fight under dragon banners once more?

Do you think that the so-called honorable Stannis Baratheon would acknowledge the true rightful heir to the Iron Throne and rally to her/his side?

Do you think that the Northeners, assuming they have shaken the Boltons off their backs, would rally to assist the Targaryens, or would they stick to the whole "King in the North" thing? And if the Boltons still have control over them, would they attempt to throw them off after hearing about the Targaryens?

What would Crow's Eye do?

And would Dany accept any help from the people who rebelled against her father?

When Daenerys lands in Westeros, Aegon would have won many lords to his side, the stormlands lords would be subdued, some of the Tyrell bannerman will have joined Aegon and GC, what Mace Tyrell will do is difficult to say, its more likely he will keep the Lannister/Tyrell alliance as he is the hand of the king now, from tWoW Arriane chapters we know there is a good possibility that Arriane will send the word Dragons back to Doran Martell, the Dornish so far have presented a united front (excluding darkstar and the sand snakes have promised Doran their obedience) so all his bannermen will be loyal, we know that Doran Martell is on the verge of acting,

Word may reach Stannis about these developments in the south, but I believe he will not leave the wall because of the coming threat and he will have to deal with Boltons/Freys first and unite the North under him, so the North will stay out of it.

The Riverlands bent the knee to Lannisters and most likely still fight for Lannisters but grudgingly, there is also possibility of them delaying and buying time so as come to the aid of lannisters as late as they can. What the vale will do :dunno: but I think LF will be busy with wedding in the vale and also delay and watch for some time before making any decision.

Daenerys would accept help from people who rebelled against her father if Ser Barristan is with her and she might listen to his advice, As for Euron Crow's Eye I think he will be dead but Daenerys would have paid a heavy price for it, she will also win the Iron born through Victarion

To Aegon:

Dorne, some Stormland houses, Crownland houses (that mostly have been neutral and only nominally backed the Lannisters), the Reach after Tommen's death (no reason to back the Lannisters anymore).

To Dany:

Possibly the Westerlands if Cersei dies and Tyrion has joined her. Possibly the Iron Islands if she has married Victarion and beaten Euron. Most houses after she burn some towns and feed some children to her dragons.

To Aegon:

Dorne, some Stormland houses, Crownland houses (that mostly have been neutral and only nominally backed the Lannisters), the Reach after Tommen's death (no reason to back the Lannisters anymore).

To Dany:

Possibly the Westerlands if Cersei dies and Tyrion has joined her. Possibly the Iron Islands if she has married Victarion and beaten Euron. Most houses after she burn some towns and feed some children to her dragons.

Do you really think the Westernlands Houses would follow Tyrion?

• 3 months later...

OK. I'm new to the forum so I have no idea how things work. But this is how I envision it to go down if their is a second official Dance of Dragons.

Aegon

• Dorne - If Arianne confirms Aegon is the real deal, Dorne is under obligation to back him. He is half-Dornish and Princess Elia Martell' son.
  • The Reach - Tommen is going to die. I know it's going to happen, its pretty obvious. With Tommen dead, either Mace Tyrell either marries Willas to Mycerlla or he decides to back out of the Lannister camp and offer his daughter to Aegon. Who knows? Their roughly the same age and he would still have a queen as a daughter.
  • 1/2 Stormlands - Aegon according to the Winds of Winter sample chapter has already captured Storm's End. Maybe the Stormlanders will decide that Stannis is doomed and side with the Targaryen prince. I believe that the other half will continue under Stannis' banners or House Baratheon of King's Landing or hell, even Daenerys.
  • The Golden Company - Pretty obvious. 10.000 men strong and well-trained. Probably a match for the Unsullied.

Daenerys

• Dragons - I strongly believe that Dany's going to lose one or two of her dragons, possibly Rhaegal or Viserion. Their is a fan-fiction called the North Remembers which deals with the loss of Rhaegal. Even so, she'll have Drogon
  • The Unsullied - Their her personal army and answer to her.
  • The Iron Fleet - I dunno Euron's long-term plan (Come on, you really think he thought his brother would follow his orders) is, but I suspect something's gonna happen and Dany will have the ships - maybe with Victorian as the commander.
  • The Vale - Littlefinger will obliviously side with the side that has the most power. Even though Aegon will have a head start, Dany is currently much more powerful than him assuming she regains her power. I see The Eyrie siding with Daenerys

Have no clue with the Westerlands. Probably will back out of the Dance of Dragons and attempt to regain their traction. IF they have to side...I'd go with Daenerys. Tyrion MIGHT persuade her to spare his family

The North is going to try to regain their kingdom back. They might do it with Jon, but I would think that would dissolve the Riverlands from the kingdom since Jon is not Tully. Rickon is a good guess for the new King of the North. Hell, they could side with Stannis

The Riverlands I honestly have no idea. They COULD go with Aegon since he appears legitimate, but they may side with Daenerys. Personally, I think it depends who will decisively win.

The Iron Islands - Have to say Euron will probably stick to being King of the Isles.

Well their is my opinion. :laugh: :wideeyed:

Archived