Rating new episodes

DragonLady214

I am very curious to know if you take everything about the episodes into consideration when rating them (i.e. costune design, cinematography, language development, set design, etc)?

I just seems to me that a lot of people just focus on how the story line/characters have been adapted from the books and not much else. This past episode was so visually stunning in some spots. Theon with those georgeous rolling hills of Northern Ireland and the way the horse chase was shot was really superb. Blackfish's costume was so amazingly detailed with the black scales and the gorgeous Tully Coat-of-Arms on the funeral pire. The set design is also a feast for the eyes, the beautiful ornate furniture and rich fabrics, even the creepy Craster's Keep, while not beautiful has so much to soak in. And the fact that they have had to have several new languages created for the show is mamoth undertaking alone.

I always watch the show the 1st time for just the story line and the 2nd in order to pay very close attention to all the fine details contained there in. Then I rate it.

I just think some people are not realizing/appreciating what it takes to produce this wonderful adaptation of ASoIaF. Nothing is ever going to be as good as the books especially since GRRM said that he did not think anyone would be able to produce it to begin with.

Archived