Lady Stoneheart and the Lord of Light.

Swafford25

I have made posts about the factor of Religion in the past and I wanted to come back to it because I feel it will play a important part in what happens at the end of the series. Since GRRM has stated many times he gets his inspiration from real historical events everyone can agree that religion played a major role in all aspects of history. First I can't remember if it is noted but did Lady Stoneheart covert to being a follower of R'hllor? Finally going along with another post about Loras Tyrell if what he found was proof about the prophecy about A.A. do you think he will come back to KL another follower of R'hllor and try and move his family toward this religion?

Hmm. You pose an interesting question, although I honestly don't think that UnCat has religion on her mind - I assume she fills her days with dreams of hanging Freys.

Loras, though? Another one to think on. Thank you OP :)

Why would Loras Tyrell convert to R´hllor? If he has found something ancient on Dragonstone he´d be more likely to revive the old gods of Valyria, no?

I find the question about Stoneheart intriguing though. It would be ironic if she´d keep believing in the seven after a miracle from a different faith.

My theory about Loras coverting to follow R'hllor came from reading and thinking about other posts in the forum and the idea of him finding evidence of the rebirth of a Azor Ahai. After he discovers the evidence he finds more about the religion that was leftover from Rhaegars studies. So this in my opinion convinces Loras to turn himself over to the Lord of Light and he goes to KL and tries to bring his family to his side.

Loras was severely injured on Dragonstone, so he is kind of preoccupied with survival right now not R'hllor. Lady Stoneheart/Catelyn Stark began seeing the truth in the power of the old gods before the RW. We know that she considered the shadow that killed Renly evil, but she doesn't know that the shadow came from a priestess of R'hllor. Still I don't think she is caught up with religion at this point. She is busy looking for Arya and getting revenge.

Archived