Did CotF help Jon find the weapons cache?

WhiteWalder

I was rereading ACoK and came across this:

The trees stood beneath him, warriors armored in bark and leaf, deployed in their silent ranks awaiting the command to storm the hill. Black, they seemed… it was only when his torchlight brushed against them that Jon glimpsed a flash of green. Faintly, he heard the sound of water flowing over rocks. Ghost vanished in the underbrush. Jon struggled after him, listening to the call of the brook, to the leaves sighing in the wind. Branches clutched at his cloak, while overhead thick limbs twined together and shut out the stars.

When following Ghost off of the Fist of the First Men, he glimpses a flash of green - and Ghost ultimately finds the weapons cache filled with dragonglass, horn, and NW cloak.

The flash of green makes me think a CotF was leading Ghost to the spot where he would then pick up the scent of the cloak and weapons. It could have been Leaf inspired by BR, or another CotF. We don't know - I thought it was interesting that Ghost knows something is out there and wants Jon to follow, then he saw the flash of green, then Ghost finds the weapons cache.

Maybe I'm overthinking a flash of green, but it is peculiar since there is nothing else really described like that in the books...thoughts?

Archived