Implications for cutting out Eddrick Storm

mattyp1186

I was watching the 8th episode of the HBO series that just came out. I typically don't ever mention differences from the show VS the books, but I know grrm has a hand in the plot and storyline of the show in some fashion. They have completely cut out Eddrick Storm. So, to have the "leech scene" where Stannis burns the leeches with Eddricks blood, they replaced him with Gendry.

I don't know how much importance will be placed on Eddrick in the coming books, but I know Gendry has to have at least some importance. There has to be a reason grrm hasn't let Gendry know he is the kings bastard because the 6th book is coming out and he still has no clue. The show has let him know in the third season.

I guess i think Gendry has a bigger role to play in the books, and the fact he doesn't know who he really is seams to be of importance. He is an important character in the books. I'm wondering what that means for Gendrys character.

Then you have Eddricks character who is replaced. I'm not sure if that means he is not important in the coming books or he will be introduced under different circumstances in the show.

Archived