Historical Parallels: "The Winter King", rebels and (F)Aegon parallel.

King of Winters

I was watching a documentary on TV called "The Winter King" about Henry VII and apart from the War of the Roses I noticed another similarity between the Tudor reign and ASOIAF.

In 1487 a boy came forth claiming to be Lambert Simmel, last seen in the Tower of London, who was son of Clarence, who was brother to Edward IV and Richard III. Lincoln led an army against Henry but Henry defeated the rebels and killed Lincoln who tried to use "Lambert Simmel" as a way to usurp Henry. It was then claimed that "Lambert" was a fake and not related to Edward IV or the former royal family. But he was allowed, by Henry to become a kitchen boy.

Could this mirror the Aegon situation? As a believer in the (F)Aegon theory I think so. Apart from the last bit about being kept alive and allowed to work in the kitchens I think it also could mean that Dany will kill (F)Aegon.

I just finished reading the book that the documentary is based on, haven't' seen the documentary yet. *Excellent* history by Thomas Penn.

And I agree and have always believed that the Aegon story held parallels to the "Princes in the Tower" as they were called - Edward IV's disappeared sons, last seen in the Tower of London, mostly likely done in at Richard III behest.

What's interesting is Lambert Simnel didn't make the story up on his own - he was the puppet of a courtier/priest called Richard Simon - who reared him and trained him to fulfill the role of the lost prince, and a figurehead for Yorkist rebellion against Henry Tudor, himself considered an upstart pretender of bastard blood... "twice the bastard" etc.

Another interesting parallel is that Simnel's troops 'invaded'/landed on Piel Island, in similar vein to young Aegon's landing.

My guess is that Aegon actually will take the IT. When time comes Dany will remove/kill him and sit on the throne, she will be done by either Stannis or Jon. If Stannis then R+L will be revealed and he will "bend" :) to Jon. Jon will then disband the north from the throne and go back north to his seat, while make Stannis warden/king of everything south from the neck.

Jon will then have a daughter, Stannis finally a son, then they hook up and make a son that will be high king, he will be a drunk loot and marry a Lannister and then story will repeat it self.

What's interesting is Lambert Simnel didn't make the story up on his own - he was the puppet of a courtier/priest called Richard Simon - who reared him and trained him to fulfill the role of the lost prince, and a figurehead for Yorkist rebellion against Henry Tudor, himself considered an upstart pretender of bastard blood... "twice the bastard" etc.

I think Varys could be Richard Simon and he's using Lincoln (JonConn) to get him on the throne but he ends up getting killed by Dany.

Archived