Who will be the first five to die in WoW?

Ours if the Fury

Why do so many people think Barristan is going to die early in the book? What would be the point (plot wise) of him just dying in the battle of meeren? He just got a PoV, and still has much stuff to reveal to Dany and the reader. Also if he dies in Meeren, most of Westeros won't even know that he went to Dany's side in the first place. I think Barristan will die before the end, but I think he'll make it back to Westeros at least. To me, it would be pointless for Barristan to die in Meeren.

Personally, I think Theon will die early in WoW, executed in front of the heart tree by Stannis.

Well, you should not see it as 'the first five to die', since the 2 big battles coming up at the start of Winds were supposed to be in Dance. So it's just chronological logic. No use saying: he wouldn't kill him or her that early in the book.

Martin has a thing with irony. Barristan dying far away from Westeros from a queen who has fled, sounds about right.

Things need to keep moving, so Doran Martell will surely die in the first half of Winds. Tommen will bite the dust at the end, I think.

Margeary, yes.

And please stop with all the wishfull thinking that all Stark children (or Jon Snow) will simply never die and just warg. It's pathetic. Next thing will be Rob warging into Grey Wind's head before being killed and now gracefully looking over the Twins forever. Blah.

@2fingers actually George promised his wife he won't kill Arya

I'm hoping Dany is kind enough to kill herself

Oh that's cool. Although I wouldn't put it past George to give Arya the lame Khal Drogo treatment and have her alive but a vegetable.

Why do so many people think Barristan is going to die early in the book? What would be the point (plot wise) of him just dying in the battle of meeren? He just got a PoV, and still has much stuff to reveal to Dany and the reader. Also if he dies in Meeren, most of Westeros won't even know that he went to Dany's side in the first place. I think Barristan will die before the end, but I think he'll make it back to Westeros at least. To me, it would be pointless for Barristan to die in Meeren.

Personally, I think Theon will die early in WoW, executed in front of the heart tree by Stannis.

I think it's just that with so many converging POVs, a few of them just have to go. His POV served to talk about Meeren while Dany had disappeared on Drogon. Time for him to go! And so I say:

Barristan

Victarion

Asha

Brienne

Stannis

While I think LF will die this book, but not one of the first five. But who the hell knows. It's all just a guessing game :)

The Five Certain Deaths in TWOW

1. Stannis Baratheon :bawl:

2. Ser Barristan The Bold

3. Tommen Baratheon

4. Cotter Pyke (Becomes a Wight)

5. Brienne of Tarth

Those are the ones that I know are gone in TWOW

Wildcards

GRRM doesn't kill Starks in Even books, so none of them are done in TWOW

Victarion

Theon

Selyse and Shireen