Ice,Fire,Earth,Air

Morienthar

Time for a bit of Metaphysics....

We all know that the two primary elements in the world seem to be Ice and Fire and most of us believe that Ice and Fire can be signified by Human beings to an extent i.e Targs represent fire and Starks Ice.

But that doesn't seem to make all that much sense,because as much as Kings of Winter the Starks were,They seemed to have been more in touch with the element of Earth than Ice.The worship of wierwoods their burial rituals in the cold Earth and further such things.

So my theory is that Men or the Races of Men cannot by virtue of being Men represent Ice but can only be fire.

Why? Because Men like fire burn out,They die yes they give heat and light when alive but they still die,But the Ice when melted just changes shape.

The Targs represent fire like all the Valyrians and Asshaii do and the others such as the Rhyones still represent fire to a lesser extent and they worshiped separate flame entities

Yet there are few who found that they were closer to the Earth than the Fire and these are the First Men,with their pact with the CoTF sealed they formed a relationship with the Earth by accepting the Gods of Earth i.e The Old Gods.

The Andals are Space their religion is in the Starry skies and whispered words.

The Others and only the Others can be Ice.

A bit confused by this. The Starks do not make any claims of being "of Ice". They are more adept at dealing with Ice, by virtue of their geographic location, but they do not associate themselves with Ice as an element. Neither do any non-Stark characters attribute the Stark family to be associated with ice

A bit confused by this. The Starks do not make any claims of being "of Ice". They are more adept at dealing with Ice, by virtue of their geographic location, but they do not associate themselves with Ice as an element. Neither do any non-Stark characters attribute the Stark family to be associated with ice

The Starks don't claim it,this is more of a the Universe on the Whole from an outsiders perspective thing.

We associate the Starks with Ice,none of the in universe characters do.

Archived