Could Varys be a 'real man'

I enjoy the notion that Varys is best actor/liar in all of Planetos. He's fashioned a character that is perfect the arena he's chosen to perform in. No cock? Then you're not really a man. One's heritage and one's ability to continue their family line are major components in assessing "how much of a threat is this person?" The Varys that is known is baseborn (shitty heritage), has no cock (no heirs), has no independent wealth, and can't even fight, as far as everyone knows. It's perfect.

I would really enjoy a reveal that's on the same level with The Usual Suspects. Where's it's shown that anything and everything coming out of a character's mouth could be nothing but bullshit.

That would be pretty cool; he was playing an act the whole time. Puts on the high voice, pretends to be a eunch. His story about how he got cut would have to be total bs then, but I already take everything varys says with a grain of salt, even if it seems like he's having an honest moment. He's definitely the kind of guy to act sincere just to play with people's heads. when his voice got deeper, I guess it would be because he stopped messing around for a second and was talking in his real voice. Interesting theory; I don't really think its true, but it's plausible.

I enjoy the notion that Varys is best actor/liar in all of Planetos. He's fashioned a character that is perfect the arena he's chosen to perform in. No cock? Then you're not really a man. One's heritage and one's ability to continue their family line are major components in assessing "how much of a threat is this person?" The Varys that is known is baseborn (shitty heritage), has no cock (no heirs), has no independent wealth, and can't even fight, as far as everyone knows. It's perfect.

I would really enjoy a reveal that's on the same level with The Usual Suspects. Where's it's shown that anything and everything coming out of a character's mouth could be nothing but bullshit.

Very good points, I like them a lot! Threat assessment seems to be a good reason for his disguise. Most people wouldn't think him a huge long term threat, without any heirs of his own. No ones expecting Varys, to be hatching a scheme for 15 years, for some kid with no obvious relation to him and he has proven himself somewhat useful to the 2 kings he served.

That would be pretty cool; he was playing an act the whole time. Puts on the high voice, pretends to be a eunch. His story about how he got cut would have to be total bs then, but I already take everything varys says with a grain of salt, even if it seems like he's having an honest moment. He's definitely the kind of guy to act sincere just to play with people's heads. when his voice got deeper, I guess it would be because he stopped messing around for a second and was talking in his real voice. Interesting theory; I don't really think its true, but it's plausible.

Why would Varys tell Tyrion the truth? He already threatened Tyrion by using Shae when he came to KL. Why would Varys confide such an intimate detail of his personal life to Tyrion? He didn't even plan on rescuing him after Tyrion's imprisonment, it was only because Jaime was very convincing.

I just think it could be possible for him to have pulled it off. I guess there should be some mummer's tricks to change ones gender, or at least hide male genitalia.

In the show, didn't Ross tried to go down on his junk and there was, well, nothing there? But true, maybe he has this trick in his sleeve where he pulls his junk in/away, sort of speak, being a mummer and all. Might be some top tier FM training. :)

Of course, if he is actually a Blackfyre (hence shaving his head not to reveal Targ/Blackfyre silver hair, kind of like Egg), it might be quite substantial to the continuity of Blackfyre dynasty. But seriously, though, being a eunuch makes him considerably a lesser target. Men do not fear him, women do not go head over heels for him (and visa versa), he'll never father children which may carry on his treasures or slights.

I wouldn't take the show as canon here. Ros never existed in the books and to my knowledge, no one ever grabbed Varys between the legs in the books.

Archived