Cersei and Bran

GGK1986

I'm currently rereading ACOK and I was wondering why Cersei never seems to wonder if Bran is remembering any of the nasty he saw Jaime and Cersei do.

There is still quite some time from where she knows/could know he regained conciousness till the time she believes him dead.

The witness he could bear upon them, could mean the downfall of the Lannister era in KL. Why not send someone to finish him off, through poison this time, or anything like that. We get no mention whatsoever.

Or have I missed something?

The same goes for Jaime ofcourse.

Mostly because the politics have changed.

When Robert is king and the 7K are unified, a credible revelation of twincest and the bastardy of the royal brood would probably lead to Cersei, Jaime, and the kids all being executed by the king with little-or-no resistance - perhaps Tywin and Casterly Rock would have revolted, but they would have had trouble rallying anyone else to their support.

However, by the time ACoK has rolled around, Robert is dead and Joffrey is king, and the question of the latter's parentage starts looking a lot like "hmmm, whose side do I really want to be on?" If the Starks and Team Stannis come out and say "Joffrey is a bastard!" well, that sounds a lot like the kind of nasty thing you say about people you're at war against! When you're already in the field with armies, the question other lords are going to be asking themselves is going to be a lot more like "who's going to win and what can I get out of an alliance with them?" not "who's your daddy?"

Archived