When discussing the possibility of a "Great Others", what happened to "The Nights Queen"?

Lord Damian

When looking into other stories (other book series or single stories) regarding dark forces, there is pretty much a sinister person, witch, sorcerer, evil being that is behind it. I was reflecting on the Nights Queen. Was she an "Other" and not a wight? Or the other way around? It seems there there can be some negotiation with the "Others" and we are told though the prologue in ADWD that wights can "remember" and see and recognize people still living. However, I wonder if in order for the wall to be breached and the Others and their armies of wights to pass, the Nights Watch must be wiped out and or be corruped to the point where their vows (all or most?) must be compromised and then the "warding" effect is eliminated? Then, the story of The Nights King and his Nights Queen. He and her seemed to have transformed most of the Nights watch and it took the King in Winter/North and the King Beyond the Wall to come together to overthrow him.

Now, perhpaps they saved the Apocolypse from happening then. What if the Nights Queen seduced the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, turning him into the Nights King with the sole purpose of undermining the Nights watch so that the Others and their wights, HER OTHERS And HER WIGHTS could pass though into the realms of men AGAIN. Other posters have suggested that Mel the red priestess is the Nights Queen come again or is it the same "Sorceress" whatever? If Jon is "saved" by Mel, perhaps she may seduce him or something. Clearly she was trying to move in on him when Stannis left but does anyone think that I am on to something that might be valid here?

I think Mel is the opposite or reciprocal of the "Night's Queen". She is fighting on the other side. (other side from the Others. heh.) She is not the Night's Queen come again.

ok but what happened to the Nights Queen? I cannot find where she was either destroyed or abandoned her Nights King or even if he was destroyed. I think he could be Coldhands but who knows?

I like this. I do believe Mel is undead and some sort of Other. I do believe that Stannis is the Nights King come again,even if its fire this time,not ice seducing him.

Clearly, there is still a lot left, when it comes to Mel. She is easily the most confusing person in the series, for me. I don't which way, the wind is going to blow her. But, I do not think she is the second coming of the Night's Queen. She is still out....somewhere, we just don't know. Is it at all possible that the Night's Queen, is the "Great Other?" Now that would be interesting.

ok but what happened to the Nights Queen? I cannot find where she was either destroyed or abandoned her Nights King or even if he was destroyed. I think he could be Coldhands but who knows?

I think it's fair to assume she was destroyed or slain along with Night's King. Seems like the legend would mention of Night's Queen escaped or survived.

I think it's fair to assume she was destroyed or slain along with Night's King. Seems like the legend would mention of Night's Queen escaped or survived.

We need to know more, perhaps Sam, who started this will find some old manuscripts recording the Nights King and the his Night Queen.

Archived