Varys vs. LF (intel on eachother and planned actions)

This is a thread about the information they may have on eachother to force the other not to tell on them.

LF surely has some info about Dany and has a plan to adjust to her arrival?

What did he hope to have more time for?

Varys is now in a position where he does not lose much if he indirectly tells Lannisters/Tyrells all about LF.

Did he already try?

My thoughts are that LF knows Varys is trying something with Illyrio but not exactly what.

He may suspect Dany is one of Varys' cards and plays against it, to be more useful to her once she comes than Varys.

Varys may be the one who plays the major role in advising to land in the Vale, take out LF and gain favour of the Vale.

Was the Reach coin more than Varys trying to blame Tyrells for Tyrion's escape? Maybe he knew more of Joffrey's murder and LF's intentions in the Vale and was hoping that when the coin is found someone would put more pieces togather. That would be an attempt to make Lannisters and Tyrells go harder on eachother as well as LF (Vale) along with trying to clear part of Tyrion's name because he would come back with the Targs.

I think Varys is on top of LF but chance let LF seem to be far more powerful at the moment. LF is now a very public figure with lots of his cards face-up and more volnurable than he thinks.

I think Varys is on top because he has a wealthy friend and benefactor in Illyrio....who does LF have...the Kettlebacks and Corbray.

LF did want more time to "plant a few seeds and watch them grow"....his part with Jeyne Pool/fArya comes to mind...he thinks he is in control of the Lords Declarent/Vale, but one of his hired Knights (Ser Sadrich) is there to snatch Sansa to gain a Lordship. There are factors for both that are working against LF that he may or may not be aware of...the GNC and Ser Sadrich. Also, Tyrios escaped and was not killed, this is a loose end that LF needs to tie up to free Sansa once he reveals her to be Sansa Stark and not his natural daughter Alayne.

This is a thread about the information they may have on eachother to force the other not to tell on them.

My guess is that each of them knows next to nothing about the other's plans. I mean, they suspect the other one is a player with some kind of plan, but nothing more specific than that.

How would Littlefinger know about Varys and Illyrio connection? How would he learn of this? It's not public knowledge, and AFAIK there's nothing to point in that direction. When Varys and Illyrio first met and started to plot together, LF was still a boy in Hoster's care, unlikely to keep an eye on urchins and sellswords in Essos.

Meanwhile, LF himself was very careful to plot and scheme out of reach of Varys' informants. For example:

• he arranges Joffrey's murder in private meetings in Highgarden (where Varys might have a spy or two but certainly not birds crawling though the walls)
  • he instructs Dontos to meet Sansa in the woods, the only place in KL where birds can't spy on

Archived