Unifying theory of TPTWP and AAR?

Acky Deshwanee

Was he really though? I think the Harry Potter prophecy is a good example of leaving the 'who' a question, even at the end. Harry did a lot, sure, but who was leading the rebels? Who killed the snake? Who was born just days apart? It's still a question that can be debated which is how prophecies should work. I'd love to see at least one of the prophecies end up that way.

But that's exactly my point. People generally consider him the 'hero' (that's why I had it in quotes), but was he really? He didn't do anything single handedly. The prophecy didn't even necessarily mean him. But things happened the way it happened, and it was him. The same could be true of Azor Ahai. It doesn't mean, to me, that having an AA, a rallying figure, is such a terrible thing, or that it's something that proclaims whoever AAR is, to be the 'hero' of the piece. Whoever it is, is most definitely not going to save the world on his/her own, so who cares if there is a prophecy about AA and if s/he really does exist? It doesn't take away from the story at all, is my point. It will still be a team effort. AA doesn't have to be a fake prophecy for that to be true.

Archived