If the earth is round...

I suspect that the earth this story takes place in is round, just like any other planet.

If so, is it likely that Euron after going to Asshai kept sailing and ended up in the Iron Islands.

I say this because Quaithe keeps telling Dany to go East to Asshai. I suspect Asshai and the land of always winter are the key to everything.

What do you think?

I suspect that the earth this story takes place in is round, just like any other planet.

If so, is it likely that Euron after going to Asshai kept sailing and ended up in the Iron Islands.

I say this because Quaithe keeps telling Dany to go East to Asshai. I suspect Asshai and the land of always winter are the key to everything.

What do you think?

I would love to see asshai but I don't think we will. Only through mels flashbacks. No enough time for dany to go all the way there and then continue to westeros

Yeah I certainly imagine it is round. I'd even go as far as saying it is one of several planets in a solar system as I remember Jon once looking at the stars and naming a few of the seven wanderers, which are obviously not fixed stars so are probably planets.

There's a theory that Euron returned via Braavos to pay for the Faceless Man that killed Balon with a dragon egg, but I wouldn't rule out circumnavigation in Euron's case.

I think circumnavigation might have been on the cards for Dany in GRRM's early thoughts but he confirmed that we won't be going to Asshai other than flashbacks, so...

What do you think?

I believe that GRRM actually confirmed that the eart is round (cannot find the interview/SSM though) and many fans speculated there is another continent west of Westers and East of Essos. And I doubt that Euron went all the way around as it's said repreatedly than you cannot cross the ocean west of Westeros, and I'm sure that he would brag about that if he did. Their world is larger than Earth is if you look at the sizes. (Sothos is about their equator, supposedly). And we will never see Asshai other than flaskbacks (most likely Mel since Euron doesn't have a POV) so I doubt Dany will go that way. But I do agree the Lands of Always Winter are the key. :)

I believe that GRRM actually confirmed that the eart is round (cannot find the interview/SSM though) and many fans speculated there is another continent west of Westers and East of Essos. And I doubt that Euron went all the way around as it's said repreatedly than you cannot cross the ocean west of Westeros, and I'm sure that he would brag about that if he did. Their world is larger than Earth is if you look at the sizes. (Sothos is about their equator, supposedly). And we will never see Asshai other than flaskbacks (most likely Mel since Euron doesn't have a POV) so I doubt Dany will go that way. But I do agree the Lands of Always Winter are the key. :)

Here ya go:

3) Is your world round. I mean if Dany traveled far enough east couldnt she come to the other side of westeros?

Yes, the world is round. Might be a little larger than ours, though. I was thinking more like Vance's Big Planet.... but don't hold me to that.

There is also this one which he seems to suggest that no one storywise ever comes that way:

Is there any trade between Westeros and Asshai over the Sunset Sea, or are those uncharted waters?

Over the =Sunset= Sea? No. No one has ever crossed the Sunset Sea to learn what lies on the other side.

Trading ships bound for Asshai go east through the Summer Sea and the Jade Sea, which are connected by the straights at Qarth.

But notice how he says Sunset Sea, but does not mention the Shivering Sea. :)

Archived