Theon`s future and other

This topic is about what could be Theon`s role and future in the next books rather than what kind of an ends does he deserve.

I watched a certain movie (you will know which one when you read this post) and saw something in the flames (my candle) so i thought i`d share.

The following is about Theon among other things, i swear. :drunk:

The Winds of Winter

JON II

Jon was feeling better now, at least better than the first two weeks since he woke up.

He has accepted to join the old man at the top of the Wall to talk. He was told the old man helped in bringing him back. And he brought a piece of parchment that he said he would only show Jon.

conversation, about the parchment and more...

As they spoke late into the night Jon could resist being a good watcher and look down from the Wall from time to time.

This time he was sure he saw something. On the north side, he saw a man. At one moment it seemed he was moving towards a dark rider on a black horse. But it was night and his mind was playing with him, still stretched from discussing the contents of the letter. He was sure about the man, though.

``There is something down there!``

Jon urged the old man to take a look for his own eyes could be decieving him.

``It is Reek``, the old man replied.

How does he know? Jon was confused. First he wanted to sound an alarm but he was still too weak to shout so loudly. Besides, surely Theon would not last long beyond the Wall.

``Reek? He escaped from Winterfell?``

``May be, but perhaps it was something else. Winterfell was on my way here. It is a safe place now as Lord Stannis has driven out the Boltons and restored the seat for Rickon, proclaiming him Warden of the North. A messenger from the Neck was welcomed, any news on wether any army of the Iron Throne is marching north were sought. At that time Theon Greyjoy was to be executed and Lord Stannis bid his Hand to see it done. Theon wanted to be executed at the godswood and the Hand granted him the final wish. Ser Davos alone took him into the godswood. As he was raising the sword something very strange happened, it could be felt, but i can not say what it was. It was clear both of them were affected as well. Ser Davos did not bring the sword down and Theon walked away.``

Jon was angry.

`` It is a pity Davos did not kill him as he was supposed to do. He could have harmed the Starks even more than he already did.``

`` Pity? That might have been one of the things that stopped Ser Davos` hand. Many good men died these last years where foul men go on and none can see to what end. As Theon walked away I saw into him. He hates and loves the Starks, he has all his mind set on a new matter and he still has a role to play in this, good or evil. And pity of Ser Davos might prove to be most important.``

Jon felt powerless, more so than ever. His eyes went back to the parchment.

``I wish this never came to me. I wish none of this had happened.``

``So would all who lived through what you did. But this is not for you to choose. All you decide is what to do with it.

The world is not what the red priestess says it is. There are other forces at work, not just good and evil. Robb was ment to become king, and so were you after him.``

King... It could not rest on his mind. Even though he was no longer Lord Commander he did not want to take that road.

``Alright Jon, all this was hard on you, i know. You should rest. On the morrow I will tell you more, more about both of us. I will read a bit of the book i found and then sleep as well.``

As Jon walked back to his chambers he reflected on everything. And how will the old man read since he was granted no candles? Everyone at the Wall was very suspicious about him. The sword he carries around all the time will be something Jon will ask about first when they talk again. Jon decided it was definately not his own weapon as it was too big for a man like him. Men taunted him to show more of it but he would always insist on keeping it sheathed.

Pardon my writting but i wanted to post this in a form of some kind of chapter.

Sorry for constructing it with so many plagiarism. As i said, the vision came when i was watching a movie, you now know which :drunk:

Yeah, I could tell straight away what film had inspired you, just as the books had inspired GRRM.

As for your theory, it's a very intriguing thought. But not of what Theon is doing, more of the old man that Jon visits that was meant to have helped revive him. Who is he mean to represent?

I'll just post what another poster once suggested, which I think is the ideal ending for Theon's arc:

You know what I think will happen, perfect GRRM twist and final arc for Theon, I don't see him being sacrificed at the tree, I see the tree talking to Stannis, Asha and Theon, probably telling them that Rickon lives. Instead of dying at the tree, I think as the Freys charge after Stannis onto the lake, that Theon will some how be instrumental in cracking the ice, and as the Freys sink to their death around him, Theon returns to the water and dies a Kraken and avenges house Stark, thinking as he inhales the water, "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger."

That's how I'd like to see it. Man, almost brings a tear to my eye.

As for your theory, it's a very intriguing thought. But not of what Theon is doing, more of the old man that Jon visits that was meant to have helped revive him. Who is he mean to represent?

old man?I thought it was obvious from where he brings news from, partially obvious from his abillities and i have included other theories about his knowledge. And there is the sword, try to guess what sword is it exactly ;)

Yeah, I could tell straight away what film had inspired you, just as the books had inspired GRRM.

old man?

There is many clues to who he might be. Where he brings news from, hints of his knowledge and skill. And the sword, try to figure out what sword is it ;)

Archived