Small questions v.10013

Angalin

Was Gerold Dayne named for Gerold Hightower?

A quick search of the wiki brings up four Gerolds in the books who are a fairly varied bunch, so it's not too much a stretch to think it's just a name. I suppose there's a chance that the Kingsguard link between the Daynes and Hightowers might have prompted some affection for the name, or that The White Bull got a bunch of people named after him because of his heroic reputation, but we can only guess without knowing something about Darkstar's parents.

Is "Game of Thrones: Ascent" a good game? Is it worth playing?

Its worth trying...

This is probably a stupid question, but the Dornish have knights right? That's actually a bad way to phrase it because even the North has a decent amount of knights. I guess my question is are their more knights per capita in Dorne than in the North? I know that Martin has said the Reach is the "heart of chivalry" and I know the Dornish generally do not like the Reachish(?) I also know they generally fight with spears and their culture is influenced by the Rhoyneish.

As seen in the books and in apple martini's post dorne has a lot more knights than the north, they just do not care about this things up there, jorah was knighted only because he fought in the reyjoy rebellion, rodrick in roberts, while dorne seems to function like all other kingdoms...

Is it an error that a guy in a tokar is spotted riding a mule, yet Dany cant ride her silver in a tokar?

No, men wear a tunic under a tokar and I also think is shorter than for women, so it would be possible to ride at least a mule...

Which Aegon was the brother of Aemond, the rider of the dragon Vhagar? I'm guessing Aegon II

Was Gerold Dayne named for Gerold Hightower?

I do not think so, gerold seems to be a common name, but it might be possible.

Maybe. I don't think we're told this one. In the only chapter he appears, Darkstar was too busy saying cheesy lines to tell us how he got his name.

Fixed it.

A quick search of the wiki brings up four Gerolds in the books who are a fairly varied bunch, so it's not too much a stretch to think it's just a name. I suppose there's a chance that the Kingsguard link between the Daynes and Hightowers might have prompted some affection for the name, or that The White Bull got a bunch of people named after him because of his heroic reputation, but we can only guess without knowing something about Darkstar's parents.

For you too.

Archived