BloodRaven cast for season 4? (ADWD SPOILERS)

mystikherb

http://screencrush.com/game-of-throne-season-4-struan-rodger-three-eyed-raven-brynden-rivers/

So apparently this happened. I was very skeptical when I saw the article but after reading thoroughly it sounds legit. Straun Rodger sited the role of "Three-Eyed-Raven" on his online resume, which if true indicates pretty strongly that he'll be playing Brynden Rivers. Can anyone shoot this down? Or confirm?

Assuming that it is correct, there's a good bit to take into consideration. We have the actor himself, Straun Rodger, who looks familiar but I don't think I've seen any of his work. I haven't checked IMDB yet, though, so who knows. Anyone else know of him? Is he good? How do you think he would portray a character like this?

Also (as the article says this would be for season 4, which has begun shooting and I think it unlikely he would site the role if he wouldn't shoot until season 5), we would now have a much clearer idea of how far Bran's storyline will go next season. I imagine that the first few episodes would not include BR, and are more likely to introduce ColdHands during the first half of the season. After that, though, there's nothing conclusive. If BR has been cast, we know that Bran will reach the cave some point this season, but for all we know meeting BR could be the last thing that happens to him in season 4. I imagine the show will already be taking several liberties with Bran's story seeing as he literally only has the 2-3 Dance chapters left on the show, so who actually knows how this will all go down. Maybe they'll introduce BR way earlier than we imagined and just seriously expand on Bran's time with him.

And speaking of our Elk-Riding-Friend, perhaps CH hasn't been cast yet, but I've been paranoid ever since he didn't show up in at his moment in season 3. It's just hard not to be, he's a very interesting character and I'd hate to see them cut him off. However, I think that if anything this casting announcement (if that, it seems that the actor himself is the only one to confirm it) might make it more likely that CH will be cast for season 4. If you look at it the other way, though, the majority of what CH did consisted of saving Sam and Gilly, and later take Bran to BR. The Sam bit already happened, and if BR is coming in much earlier (conjecture), maybe they'll skip over CH and just bring him back WAY down the road if he ever becomes important again.

What do you guys think?

Archived