what will be the military/political situation in westeros after the boltons are gone?

Bannerman of Winterfell

So Jon, after being stabbed, and still considered a bastard (Stannis offered for him to be legit,but he refused) is suddenly going to become the King of the North?and When he learns he may be half Targaryen, the whole north is going get behind a dragon, really doubt that. At least Stannis has helped them.

According to the GNC the northern lords know of robb's will.

And for all we know R could have married L, as targaryens practiced polygamy.

Even if it isn't revealed, he was legitimized and made the heir on robb's will and according to the gnc the north knows about it. That letter from lyana mormont about only bending the knee to the king whose name is stark really sticks out. And if he is revealed as a targ then he will be king of the 7 kingdoms. It will take a long time however for him to actually get a chance to sit on the iron throne. The north will bend the knee to jon as their king then, seeing as he is ned's nephew and thus part wolf, even though he is also part dragon.

Also, Jon would never take the crown if he knew any of his siblings are still alive. Never. He said as much to Stannis "Winterfell belongs to my sister Sansa." . Also, Sansa going to war against any family member? Sorry, but did you read the same books as I did?

I misremembered one event from affc, my bad. I thought she despised the fact that jon became lc of the nw, went back and checked, looks like she was actually cool with it. There isn't much to base her relationship with jon on, so we have to use what little we have about that. it is known that she didn't love him as she loved her other siblings. I thought that if she didn't even like him becoming the lc, she would be totally against him becoming KITN. Anyways, it was just a hypothetical scenario with a small chance of happening.

Consider this: GNC is real, northern lords crown Jon KITN because they know of Robb's will. Jon doesn't find out about his possible targ ancestry yet.

Robb said that jon is is heir, he didn't just legitimize him but made him next in line for the crown. I doubt he would deny one of the last wishes of his dead brother when he finds out about the will.

I'm not saying sansa will attack him for sure, just that there is a minute possibility. She lied about arya and mycah even after witnessing joff's brutality first hand. And arya isn't even a bastard, she is sansa's actual full blooded sister, someone she grew up with as a child. They might have a lot of rivalry as siblings, and she might have fantasized about joffrey, but that was an act of pure selfishness. She has changed a lot since then though. LF could try to manipulate her, I see that happening. whether or not he will be successful remains to be seen.

All that being said, I hope she doesn't(she most likely won't). The chance of power can make people do things they never would do otherwise.

Archived