Crows,Wolves,Dogs and Men: The Dog and his she-Wolf

Though I've always thought of it as Mother's Wail, given circumstances.

" King Joffrey looked as if he wanted to kill someone right then and there, he was so excited. He slashed at the air and laughed. A great sword must have a great name, my lords! What shall I call it?"

Sansa remembered Lion's Tooth, the sword Arya had flung into the Trident, and Hearteater, the one he'd made her kiss before the battle. She wondered if he'd want Margaery to kiss this one.

The guests were shouting names for the new blade. Joff dismissed a dozen before he heard one he liked. " Widow's Wail!" he cried. " Yes! It shall make many a widow, too!" he slashed again.

Now the current theory/idea that I am running with is that the name has dual purposes and represents both Catelyn and Cersei both. Who shouted this out though? That is the " real " mystery of the Purple Wedding.

definition of wail-

1. noun- a prolonged high-pitched cry of pain, grief, or anger.

2. Verb - give a cry of pain, grief, or anger.

So if we take this into account. The blades of Ser Robert Strong ( giant greatsword larger than Ice but not VSteel) and The Gravedigger ( wielding Widow's Wail on behalf of Marge as given by Tommen.) striking each other brings the naming prophecy together. The sword was forged from Ice of the sword of House Stark and Lady Catelyn is getting her revenge by having Sandor ( was sung Mother's Mercy by Sansa ) kill Cersei's Champion. This coincides with the noun definition.

The sword also represents Cersei because after Sandor kills his brother Gregor, the loss of her trial to the younger more beautiful queen will cause her to wail ( she is the widow of Robert ) at the hands of the valonquar, little brother?

" You and Lady Sansa owe me a better present, Uncle Imp. This one is all chopped to pieces."

Tyrion was staring at his nephew with his mismatched eyes. " Perhaps a knife, sire. To match your sword. A dagger of the same fine Valyrian steel... with a dragonbone hilt, say?"

Joff gave him a sharp look. " You... yes, a dagger to match my sword, good." He nodded. " A ... gold hilt with rubies in it. Dragonbone is too plain." As you wish, Your Grace. Tyrion drank another cup of wine. He might have been all alone in his solar for all the attention he paid Sansa. But when the time came to leave for the wedding, he took her by the hand.

after a brief re-read of the chapter before this weekend's festivities I stumbled upon this. The theory I always understood to be correct was that Joff stole this dagger from his father's carriage and hired a random thug/goon to kill Bran. But does this quote by Joff directed at his uncle confirm/denounce this idea? Can't remember whom said that was how it went down, but now I am puzzled. Help anybody.

Now the current theory/idea that I am running with is that the name has dual purposes and represents both Catelyn and Cersei both. Who shouted this out though? That is the " real " mystery of the Purple Wedding.

definition of wail-

1. noun- a prolonged high-pitched cry of pain, grief, or anger.

2. Verb - give a cry of pain, grief, or anger.

So if we take this into account. The blades of Ser Robert Strong ( giant greatsword larger than Ice but not VSteel) and The Gravedigger ( wielding Widow's Wail on behalf of Marge as given by Tommen.) striking each other brings the naming prophecy together. The sword was forged from Ice of the sword of House Stark and Lady Catelyn is getting her revenge by having Sandor ( was sung Mother's Mercy by Sansa ) kill Cersei's Champion. This coincides with the noun definition.

The sword also represents Cersei because after Sandor kills his brother Gregor, the loss of her trial to the younger more beautiful queen will cause her to wail ( she is the widow of Robert ) at the hands of the valonquar, little brother?

after a brief re-read of the chapter before this weekend's festivities I stumbled upon this. The theory I always understood to be correct was that Joff stole this dagger from his father's carriage and hired a random thug/goon to kill Bran. But does this quote by Joff directed at his uncle confirm/denounce this idea? Can't remember whom said that was how it went down, but now I am puzzled. Help anybody.

Hmm, if I remember, Joff stole the dagger. Tyrion brings up the dagger in an opportune moment and describes the one used in the Bran event to see how Joff will react. Joff almost gives it away with the 'sharp look' and the 'You. . .", but catches himself and carefully tries to pretend he wouldn't have anything to do with a plain dragonbone-handled dagger. That's my take :)

Hmm, if I remember, Joff stole the dagger. Tyrion brings up the dagger in an opportune moment and describes the one used in the Bran event to see how Joff will react. Joff almost gives it away with the 'sharp look' and the 'You. . .", but catches himself and carefully tries to pretend he wouldn't have anything to do with a plain dragonbone-handled dagger. That's my take :)

Wow. last night's ending blew my mind. And technically I got my Kaeth's book and Widow's Wail chopping right on the money. Created a new " thread/theory " that coincides with my Sansa/Hound magick warding/protection/curses and involves a dragon book and a stark sword being the " true/real " curse/culprit that killed King Joff.

Well we will never know but you did get to hear 3 possible names for Ice. I wonder if GRRM came up with them? Any predictions on what will happen to Arya/Sandor next week?

Terminus, Wolfsbane, Stormbringer

RIP Him of Seven Faces. In honor of his untimely demise I have pulled quotes that prove the theory that Sandor the Hound of House Clegane is a skinchanger/faceless man.

" When his eyes met hers, his mouth twitched. " You want me dead that bad? Then do it, wolf girl. Shove it in. It's cleaner than fire."

This quote must be connected to the " gift of mercy " and " lying game " at the Temple of Black and White. Also notice that the being stabbed in the heart is better than dying by fire.

Lord of Light vs Lord of Darkness. The Hound serves the Great Other and so does Arya that is why he is her Champion in this fight, not Beric.

" For the night is dark," he others chanted, Harwin and Anguy loud as all the rest, " and full of terrors."

" This cave is dark too, " said the Hound. " but I'm the terror here. I hope your god's a sweet one, Dondarrion. You're going to meet him shortly."

The Hollow Hill of High Heart is " dark " on the inside. Very interesting IM humblest of O's. This statement also hints at Sandor knowing how the fight will play out. He is the Stranger fighting agianst the Lord of Light inside a Children of the Forest Temple. His is fighting to win Arya from them but they don't know it. After this event he " steals " her from them but we know this is just him collecting his prize after the fight.

His arm, Arya thought, and his face. But he was the Hound. He deserved to burn in a fiery hell. The knife felt heavy in her hand. She gripped it tighter. " You killed Mycah, " she said once more, daring him to deny it. " Tell them. You did. You did."

" I did." His whole face twisted. " I rode him down and cut him in half, and laughed. I watched them beat your sister bloody too, watched them cut your father's head off."

This is the worse thing Sandor has ever had to do in his life. But he did it anyway because " the Queen " commanded it from her sons " Sworn Shield ". Once again a connection between Sandor and Duncan has been made. The " Sworn Sword " anybody?

Also who is the " them " he is referencing? Yes he feels remorse beyond belief at this point but has to keep a " straight face ". Also consider he has just had his arm burned off and wants Arya to " give him the gift of mercy". She still can't do it on the Trident even after everything he teaches and tells her.

" This girl has named you a murderer. Do you deny killing the butcher's boy Mycah?"

The big man shrugged. " I was Joffrey's sworn shield. The butcher's boy attacked a prince of the blood."

" That's a lie!" Arya squirmed in Harwin's grip. " It was me. I hit Joffrey and threw Lion's Paw in the river. Mycah just ran away, like I told him."

This event must be connected to the Temple of Black and White and the " lying game " her and the Waif played in AFFC.

" You stand accused of murder, but no one here knows the truth or falsehood of the charge, so it is not for us to judge you. Only the Lord of Light may do that now. I sentence you to trial by battle."

The Hound frowned suspiciously, as if he did not trust he ears. " Are you a fool or a madman?"

" Neither. I am just a lord. Prove your innocence with a blade, and you shall be free to go."

" No," Arya cried, before Harwin covered her mouth. No, they can't, he'll go free. The Hound was deadly with a sword, everyone knew that. He'll laugh at them, she thought.

And so he did, a long rasping laugh that echoed off the cave walls, a laugh choking with contempt.

So Arya " knows " the outcome of this fight. The Hounds " innocence " of his blade Sansa provided when she sung him " Mother's Mercy ".

Archived