Cersei-Pycelle-Jon

dsug

Quick question. 

We know Lysa poisoned Jon Arryn. He died slowly. 

If I remember correctly, Pycelle was capable of treating Jon Arryn, but Cersei ordered him to let Jon die. Pycelle, being loyal to the Lannisters and all that, did as he was told.

Am I remembering that correctly? I feel like I definitely remember Cersei making sure he died somehow. But, I'm too lazy to check for myself haha. 

Thanks!

Cersei didn't order him to do that. He just thought she did.

The queen needed Lord Arryn dead, she did not say so, could not, Varys was listening, always listening, but when I looked at her I knew. It was not me who gave him the poison, though, I swear it." The old man wept. "Varys will tell you, it was the boy, his squire, Hugh he was called, he must surely have done it, ask your sister, ask her."

Maester Coleman, Arryns personal Maester, was helping him but he clearly did not recognize that he was poisoned with the Tears of Lys. Pycelle did but I'm not sure he could have saved Arryn as we don't know how formidable that poison is. He sent people away from Jon because he was worried about him spilling the beans on his deathbed like he tried to do to Lysa.

Archived