BwB in Greece

shapur

First of all, how many are we? I've spotted some others from Greece in various threads, but I didn't find a topic for the greek branch of BwB. Secondly, I am really curious if the BwB in Athens is active. Last but not least, I propose a meeting of the members of the greek BwB( and from anywhere else who just happens to be near at the time).

There isn't an organized BWB Greece per se yet there are a handful of us throughout the country. The wife (mashiara) and I are in Athens. There a couple up north and one in Patra I think. There's also an American studying here, also in the Athens area.

As to meeting we're fairly busy but I suppose it isn't out of the question. Where do you 20 year-olds go anyway?

You couldn't find a current topic about BwB Greece because threads like that show up when a meeting is organized, there's no sense in keeping one around otherwise. Back in [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=30378&hl=greece"]September[/url] we had what could easily be called our first official meeting, but dalThor and I were the only locals who participated, the others were boarders visiting from abroad.

We've met with LugaJetBoyGirl a few times since then. Funnily enough a couple of weeks ago we were all discussing wanting to do a BwB meeting, hoping other people from Greece would show up. She was saying it might be easier after the school year, end of June or something, and maybe -besides greek boarders- we could lure a few more people to come as well.

Like the hubby said, our schedules are pretty full right now but we might find time with careful planning. I'm sure LJBG would want in on this too.. let's see if anybody else is interested. :)

Woah!!!! I never expected, to say, 100 people, but less than ten, scattered troughout Greece is a number I didn't think of. Well, I'm actually a little busy myself by now, because exams in the university are closing in, so I have a lot of reading to do, but as you said, there is always time. I've seen this thread about September earlier, but din't pay much attention, because it was kinda old. As to where do we 20 years-old go, for me at least, depends clearly on the company. I.e. with school friends we( not-so-often-anymore) usually go at Red Lion Pub, with others to Gkazi, and the list goes on and on.

[quote name='shapur' post='1676835' date='Feb 6 2009, 14.09']Woah!!!! I never expected, to say, 100 people, but less than ten, scattered troughout Greece is a number I didn't think of. Well, I'm actually a little busy myself by now, because exams in the university are closing in, so I have a lot of reading to do, but as you said, there is always time. I've seen this thread about September earlier, but din't pay much attention, because it was kinda old. As to where do we 20 years-old go, for me at least, depends clearly on the company. I.e. with school friends we( not-so-often-anymore) usually go at Red Lion Pub, with others to Gkazi, and the list goes on and on.[/quote]

I am always down for a unofficial meet up, whenever (except for Thursday nights since I have to be up at 645am on Fridays). Like mashiara said, it might be fun to organize something for the summer when people can come from afar...I think it's time some of the Eurokids came down for a visit.

Oddly enough, the Red Lion is where all the ex-pats meet up on Tuesday evenings. I tend to skip out on that, but as it's right down the street from me, I'd be cool with meeting there some other night just to have a drink or so and say hi.

[quote name='shapur' post='1676835' date='Feb 6 2009, 20.09']I.e. with school friends we( not-so-often-anymore) usually go at Red Lion Pub, with others to Gkazi, and the list goes on and on.[/quote]

We'd be up for that as well. I teach at various frontisterios daily so weeknights are out for us. That essentially leaves Saturdays. I would propose Saturday the 28th (right before Clean Monday).

Thoughts?

(p.s. Wonders whether they serve authentic fish and chips... :drool: )

[quote name='LugaJetBoyGirl' post='1694383' date='Feb 21 2009, 00.43']I am so confused.[/quote]

I'm sure he'll explain all about this in person. Maybe that's the subject of his studies?

I wonder how he feels about having long conversations in English? :unsure:

Με συγχωρείτε αλλά δεν μιλάω Ελληνικά καθόλου.

Ok, let me explain. It was totally geeky from me, but I recently re-read Shakespeare's Macbeth and in Act One Scene One( the Three Witches) has some lines that goes like this:

Witch1: Where the place?
Witch2: Upon the heath.
Witch3: There to meet with Macbeth.

I couldn't resist. I wrote "where the place" without thinking it, but after that I just couldn't resist. I don't have regularly long conversations in English, but I'm sure that, though I may not be eloquent, I'd be understandable.

[quote name='Arya_Stark' post='1701362' date='Feb 27 2009, 00.40'][color="#8B0000"][size=2]I would like to join you guys, but I have exams... :read:
But I'll try to attend next time[/size][/color]... :cheers:[/quote]

Yay! Another Greek person! :cheers:

I wish you had let us know earlier, we could have rescheduled to a date that worked for all of us. Maybe next time.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Phone-numbers and descriptions have been exchanged, let's see if we spot Shapur before he spots us.

[quote name='mashiara' post='1702048' date='Feb 27 2009, 13.13']Yay! Another Greek person! :cheers:

I wish you had let us know earlier, we could have rescheduled to a date that worked for all of us. Maybe next time.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Phone-numbers and descriptions have been exchanged, let's see if we spot Shapur before he spots us.[/quote]

I accept the challenge(hmm, I may use some FM techiques!!!!). Also, do you bear smoking? I smoke pipe, but though I have no problem not to smoke if that disturbs someone, but I'd prefer to know it beforehand, so as to not bring it with me( it takes quite a few space of my pockets...).

Vorian, if we schedule the next meet-up better you might have the chance. :thumbsup:

Archived