AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

I remember that incident. I just don't remember if he was guilty in that game...

Neither of us was evil in that game. :rolleyes:

Agreed, alas. But I still don't see better vote.

Well...I guess this is kind of pointless to ask of someone who's a proponent of lynching Simba. But how do you feel about the Simba lynch mob? <_<

Specifically, I would appreciate your thoughts on Sooty and Ernst. I'd be willing to switch to Ernst too, I guess.

And you weren't? How your vote was different from Puff's?

:idea: Because I did it before it was cool? I don't know. Tossing a vote at someone who has no votes on them and seeing what happens is one thing, but piling on like that is either suspicious, random or brilliant on a level I don't understand yet. That being said, I haven't been able to make myself remove my vote for some reason. Hate to say it's a gut feeling, but it is what it is. Maybe they voted for you for the same reason I haven't removed my vote yet.

Gert/Mummy, what would it take for me to convince you that my theory about people voting for Simba, (other than perhaps Starlin, who I feel is possibly just innocently and unfortunately mistaken about Simba) is right? By which I mean, is there any chance I could get you to vote for Sooty here?

Well, not much of a chance. I just reread her (him?) to see if I would throw a vote there and I'm not really comfortable doing that. Although the most worrisome thing is the vote switch from Simba to Krakatoa for a better chance of getting a vote when you were both at one. Shit. Now that I am putting it into words, it is more worrisome than I thought on the re-read. Getting too much heat for voting Simba and decided to back off? Anyway, I still think my vote is probably not going there. I want to re-read Ernst because I am thinking I might have given him too much credit. Puff is worrisome and loe-profile too, but I'm not sure there is enough there for me.

Puff is fluff. Damn, that was a quick re-read. Might vote that way, but not because of any concrete suspicion, rather a lack of better suspects.

eta: Garfield - no idea on the timezone, but what little there is is all 'what's going on? We don't have any info? Why do you want me to be defensive?'

About the rest.

Edward. - evidently, we may expected much more contribution from him, but I believe he is very busy nowadays. I'd give him benefit of doubt for today.

Ernst Blofeld - well, before the game he warned you he will do queer things. I suspect his vote on Simba was inspired mostly by trusting my judgement on a player whom I know and he doesn't. Which is null tell.

Humpty Dumpty - usual herself.

Krakatoa - usual herself.

Miss Marple - I always suspect her early, just like others usually suspect me. So I feel subjective and give her benefit of doubt also.

Showgirl Barbie - usual himself. His lack of contribution is undestandable, since he is totally unaccustomed to doing anything useful on day 1. We never lynch on day 1 here in Russia.

Sooty - since I distrust Simba, I trust her automatically. Perhaps, it's wrong, I'll reread her soon.

The mummy - usual herself.

Wonder Woman - I like his last posts.

Well...I guess this is kind of pointless to ask of someone who's a proponent of lynching Simba. But how do you feel about the Simba lynch mob? <_<

I think he is pretty safe for now.

Specifically, I would appreciate your thoughts on Sooty and Ernst. I'd be willing to switch to Ernst too, I guess.

I can switch to Ernst, especially being an alternative. Sooty's reread to follow.

Garfield - sorry. Somehow I was sure your vote on me was second. Now I suspect you less. Which might be a reason to switch to Puff.

If we can't decide on anyone else, I would be satisfied with lynching Puff as a consensus vote as well, just because they're a complete wild card for me, can't get any sort of read on their small # of posts and I have a feeling they will keep being like that. However, for some reason their behavior has given a lot of people the innocent vibes rather than the null-and-will-always-be-null vibes, so such a lynch might not be possible.

I'm just mean that way.

Ok, it's bedtime, so I have to make a decision.

Ernst

As Simba said, all of the reasons for voting Simba came after he actually voted. Perhaps not the strongest reason, but it's all I got right now. If I do make it to the end of the day, I could possibly be persuaded to vote Sooty, possibly Puff. I still prefer Showgirl Barbie above all, but I seem to be alone in that. Eh, I have a niggling gut evil on Edward too, but nothing I can pinpoint. Probably not willing to act on that at this point.

(I seem to be in Kat mode - just realized my preferred votes are for non-westeros regulars. Sorry about that.)

Have some reads!

Edward. - neutralish. Some good, some bad. Might need rope.

Ernst Blofeld - literally don't remember a post. which is not a good thing.

Garfield - town

Humpty Dumpty - re-read finds the lack of Mina town odd. She's usually obvtown to me by now. Conflicted.

Igor - This guy's probably town. Also super.

Joseph Starlin - Scummyish.

Krakatoa -- totes town.

Miss Marple -

Puff the Magic Dragon -- town

Showgirl Barbie -- town

Simba -- Not sure if he's scum or if he's throw off by different playstyles. Some of the things he's doing look half hearted.

Sooty -- townish

The mummy --- meh. posts look okay, not sure despite that.

Wonder Woman -- town

Lack of nailed on scum at this stage annoys me.

I'd vote anyone not on my town list. Wheeeee pulling an all nighter so I'll be on atdeadline. Well pulled an all nighter, it's 9am w/e.

After rereading, I stll like Sooty. Looks like she really tries to find killers. Her misrepresentation of Simba's action can be explained by total newbieness; don't forget it's her first game.

Switching to second ssupect after realizing that frist one is unlynchable is understandable also. Of course, experienced player would do this much closer to sunset; but still would do.

I won't vote her today unless for saving my own skin.

4 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Wonder Woman, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor)

2 votes for Krakatoa (Edward., Sooty)

2 votes for Sooty (Simba, Krakatoa)

1 vote for Edward. (Showgirl Barbie)

2 votes for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple, The mummy)

2 votes for Simba (Ernst Blofeld, Joseph Starlin)

1 players have not voted: Humpty Dumpty.

6 hours 20 minutes left.

Ok, it's bedtime, so I have to make a decision.

Ernst

As Simba said, all of the reasons for voting Simba came after he actually voted. Perhaps not the strongest reason, but it's all I got right now. If I do make it to the end of the day, I could possibly be persuaded to vote Sooty, possibly Puff. I still prefer Showgirl Barbie above all, but I seem to be alone in that. Eh, I have a niggling gut evil on Edward too, but nothing I can pinpoint. Probably not willing to act on that at this point.

Agree with 3/4 of this. Not on Showgirl Barbie, my read is innocent on him.

If we both make it to tomorrow, I hope to engage more with Edward too, not sure what it is that bothers me so much: his assertion that I am blindly following a leader, or his creepy-ass avatar which I think is actually affecting how I feel toward him. <_<

Right now I should really be going to be as well. With Starlin's last vote count, and the Mummy having gone to bed, it looks like my preferred lynch choice may no longer be viable, so I'll settle for Ernst I guess. Reasoning is fairly similar to Sooty based on today's earlier votes; I just feel a little more unsure about Ernst. On the other hand, I feel guilty barely having heard anything from Sooty and am willing to give her more of a chance even though they seem to be willing to lynch me, but the momentum just isn't there.

What makes me uneasy about changing my vote is that Miss Marple is a total blank spot in my memory, although when I read her posts, I agree with many of them. Another re-read for when I wake up, I guess.

Catching up.

Barbie's not FM. From the way he's talking he's on moonbeams but probably believes what he's saying, he's not going to propose that as scum if he believes it's optimal. Even if he doesn't believe it he's probably not going to try and push something that attracts such negative attention to him.

Strongly disagree. Attracting attention that doesn't lead to any useful discussion is exactly what vocal FM do. Legitimate and honest strategy discussion is one of my own favorite tricks to do so; why would it be different for anyone else? I mean, you wouldn't want to make dishonest strategy discussion, that's just asking for trouble, particularly on day one and particularly without alts. Strategy is general and doesn't do anything to help us pick one possible killer over another in this specific game - meaning if it's all we talked about we'd never get the innocent win percentages above the abysmal 35% of the random-vote scenarios.

(That doesn't make strategy suspicious, though; it makes it a null-tell. But if it's a huge proportion of your discussion, that's suspicious. SGB's there for me, but I'm not pressing it hard at the moment because it feels like mostly a kneejerk reaction to how strongly I disagree with him rather than true suspicion.)

Starlin I am willing to leave for now as usually I don't get a good read from him on day 1, but I will say I really didn't like his day one play. He seemed like he was trying to be ... less contentious than normal. I dunno, that one's gut and like I said, I'm willing to let it ride.

(Emphasis mine) This helped summarize another large part of why Starlin seems a reasonable bet for evil. He's often like a pit bull when innocent, pushing at a clue nobody else likes until long after everyone else is tired of hearing it (sort of like SGB this game, but with suspicion instead of no-lynch). But he hasn't really pursued anyone hard, unless I'm horribly misremembering. Which could mean he just isn't very suspicious of anyone. But it's like what people keep saying about Mina - you expect to see a particular tell from a person when they're innocent, so when that tell isn't there, even if it's technically null it makes us nervous, yeah?

I still prefer a Starlin lynch to any of the other vocal posters, but I'm disappointed that we haven't gotten a good under-the-radar train going. We need to provoke responses from those players and - like a flock of sheep - they tend to protect one another just by standing in a clump and looking indistinguishable. (By which I mean those of us interested in poking under-the-radar players can really only effectively poke one at a time, so the process needs to start early-ish.)

I should be around one way or another until the end of the day, so I'll be available to change my vote as needed, back to Starlin or whatever. For now, Ernst Blofield needs to speak up. Quite a few people have concerns about you. I don't have a read, and I want one. Tell me why I shouldn't lynch you.

But it's like what people keep saying about Mina - you expect to see a particular tell from a person when they're innocent, so when that tell isn't there, even if it's technically null it makes us nervous, yeah?

If someone has something they tend to do as town and don't do it, it's probably not null. We'll see.

Disagree about Barbie. It's not even legit strategy talk as he's so blatantly obviously wrong.

Archived