AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

Sorry, I didn't know metagaming was frowned upon(?) when everyone was publically outed.

It's not; I just didn't remember whether it was, because all the games I played had hidden alts except like one mini. Though there was that one where the mods gave everyone alts beginning with the same letter as their names... the one with the infamous Plan W, wherein we learned that lynching every night is good. And the roleless innocent claiming finder. Good times.

SGB:

:rolleyes: Okay, so you don't want a lynch today, we get it. But you don't have anything else to say? You don't suspect these three people; is there someone you do suspect? Help us out here!

For the record, I'm not even caught up, but I already want to announce that my current tinfoil hat theory is that Miss Marple is symping Simba. Really, I'm only announcing this on the off-chance that I'm right, so after we lose horribly, I can brag in Spoiler Heaven about how I nailed them on D1.

I am truly disappointed that you didn't pin me as a Sympba. Really, it's way less tinfoil-hat-worthy than Miss Marple as symp. <_<

Can scum daytalk here?

Yes.

Who do you suspect and why? I just did a reread your posts and the only person you actually suspect in them is Starlin and without reasoning. You do call people "probably innocent" but again, with no reasoning.

Kat is also bothering me. She is playing follow the leader again. Going to have to reread her again.

Wait, where'd I call you town? I don't remember that at all.

Can you please quote who you're talking to? I have no idea who this is directed to.

You've called Barbie, Mina, Puff and Kat innocent so far. You've voted for Starlin. That pretty much covers you.

ooh, shiny. Dragon definitely town. Has that inquisitive little lost sheep newbie town vibe about him he'd probably not be able to fake as scum with a buddy to discuss stuff with.

My reads are all layed out, also leaning town on Sotty. Maaaaaaaaaaybe Wonder Woman but I don't even remember why that is.

Everyone else is sort of melding together.

ooh, shiny. Dragon definitely town. Has that inquisitive little lost sheep newbie town vibe about him he'd probably not be able to fake as scum with a buddy to discuss stuff with.

My reads are all layed out, also leaning town on Sotty. Maaaaaaaaaaybe Wonder Woman but I don't even remember why that is.

Everyone else is sort of melding together.

So you only suspect Starlin? Ok.

@Igor: Wasn't that one of the reads Simba was questioning you on--calling me town?

I am truly disappointed that you didn't pin me as a Sympba. Really, it's way less tinfoil-hat-worthy than Miss Marple as symp. <_<

Because Marple looks more suspicious than you do. Also, you being an unabashed Sympba isn't a scumtell. :devil: Really, it's based more on that I find both players suspicious...so then I posited that they'd fit as a master-symp because Marple is subtly defending Simba.

Oh, fuck it. I'm a coward.

Miss Marple

Now to reread the thread again.

It's not that, it's the whole timing thing. Normally I would not be suspicious of people voting for Simba-- I mean, who would trust a lion? :P But, here are some things that stood out to me:

1) Votes piled up on Joseph Starlin (I feel like I'm typing with an accent here) pretty quickly. Like, 4 of them. With the small number of people in this game, 4 is a lot, and that lynch mob would quickly begin to arouse suspicion from people. When I'm FM, what I would do would be to look for another candidate to vote for.

2) Normally I would not make the alternative lynch-target Simba, because picking a fight with WJ (Simba) is really stupid, especially on day 1. He's like a mafia god whose undefeated streak is quite long, or was last time I played, anyway. But, the people who start rumbling about him are new here, so they might not know that.

3) Therefore, I feel like I should suspect Ernst Blofield and Sooty. Particularly, Sooty rubs me the wrong way here. His vote makes his admittedly short profile fit the profile of the platonic ideal I have in my mind for a smart player who just arrived from another site who is evil. <_<

Then, there's the whole question of the four (4!) people who voted for Starlin. Showgirl Barbie, why do you think that they're all innocent? Is there some meta-argument for only innocents piling onto someone this early in the game? (Especially since some of those people are new to the game or this site?) Of those people, I suspect them from least to most in the order in which they voted for Starlin, which of course means I should suspect Garfield least, although I'm not really satisfied with his defensive response to my vote at this point.

Still, here are my top 5 suspects of the moment:

1) Sooty

2) Igor

3) Puff

4) Garfield (a bit of a gut feeling, admittedly)

5) Ernst Blofield

I realize this list is pretty biased toward people who I haven't played with before, so to correct my internal bias I will add that I also have my eye on Edward and Wonder Woman. The former because, as someone pointed out, he seems to have a much lower profile than I would otherwise expect from him. The latter because...I dunno. He hasn't used the :leer: yet?

There was something rubbing me the wrong way here and it took me a minute to figure it out.

Up in the top, you lay out your thought process that leads to the conclussion that you should vote Sooty and Ernst. You talk about Sooty but say nothing about Ernst. Then when you post your suspect list, Ersnt is #5. Why is that? This looks very much like you're pointing out your partner yet don't want him too high on your list.

Also, why is Puff and Igor on the list?

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward., Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The mummy, Wonder Woman.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Wonder Woman, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor)

2 votes for Simba (Ernst Blofeld, Sooty)

2 votes for Sooty (Simba, Krakatoa)

1 vote for Edward. (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple)

1 vote for Miss Marple (Humpty Dumpty)

1 vote for Showgirl Barbie (Edward.)

1 vote for Wonder Woman (Joseph Starlin)

1 players have not voted: The mummy.

making realy long posts and changing your vote right at the end and then voting again when I'm posting a vote count is your idea at revenge for the Alt is it? :fencing:

I'd lynch any of my neutral reads too of course.

I don't remember calling Mina town, I've no idea why I'd think that before her long post, but I'll take your word for it I guess since both of you said it.

Here you go.

Why the hell would it be? And like WhiskeyJack singled out Mina's vote, is that suspicious?

There's nothing wrong with singling stuff out, at all.

More importantly Joseph Starlin is a good vote. Starlin scum --> Mina town, for those playing along at home.

And we have no idea why you'd call her anything either because well, you don't tell us why.

Would you like to be on The List? (:leer:)

I've always wanted to be all over your List. :leer:

The other problem, WW, is that I think the last time I played with you was during that awful synnp game. Maybe I just find you innately suspicious.

I stand by my evidence. 'SYNNP' was a clear indicator of guilt. I also have proof of the existence of aliens that I gained by numerological analysis of the book of Revelations.

CAN I GET A SUMMARY OF THAT?

Weren't you just calling yourself 'verbose'? :rolleyes:

Puff, Igor, and Garfield (and me) all voted Starlin.

Though... she doesn't explain why she thinks voting Starlin is suspicious, just that she disagrees with SGB that they're PI.

Ah! Thanks Edward. I did explain that actually, a little bit later, just the way he defended her didn't see scum/scum. Mina's town if he flips scum, yeah.

Kurokaze why did you edit out your whole post? Oh alts, derp.

Lol verbosity is a sin, I was being sarcastic.

Addendum: I realize that the argument about Starlin's lynch mob is predicated on the assumtion that he's innocent. If he were evil, I'd guess voter #6 or #7 would be his partner. If he's innocent, I think the vote would come earlier. That being said, I have found that in my most recent games, I've had the best read on Starlin/TheMalcolm, and I think he's innocent here. Still no idea why his lynch mob is assumed to be innocent, though.

I don't like this post either. I don't like the fact that you're doing a vote analysis before there was even a lynch or a vote 6, 7.

Krakatoa

You're my top suspect, followed by Ernst and Igor.

ETA: I'm heading to bed.

There was something rubbing me the wrong way here and it took me a minute to figure it out.

Up in the top, you lay out your thought process that leads to the conclussion that you should vote Sooty and Ernst. You talk about Sooty but say nothing about Ernst. Then when you post your suspect list, Ersnt is #5. Why is that? This looks very much like you're pointing out your partner yet don't want him too high on your list.

OMFG WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST READ MY MIND AND LIKE, KNOW WHAT IMPECCABLE LOGIC I'M USING HERE?

I guess I have to spell it out for you all.

Everyone in the top 5 is someone who was on one of those two lynch "mobs". I say "mobs", because at the time, only 2 players had more than one vote, and Simba's was only two people.

Sooty was #1 because she was joining a pre-existing mob around which there had been murmurs.

Igor and Puff are both high on the list for being #3 and #4 on what I considered a suspiciously large mob on Starlin.

Garfield is on the list because I hate newbies. See: Everyone else.

Blofield is also on the list because he voted for Simba, which I consider a Mildly Suspicious Action. But actually, you're right. He should be higher, because I missed that at the time at which he voted for Simba, I actually had a vote on Simba from earlier that was a total joke, so he was also a #2 voter.

Really, those rankings should be more like: 1, 2, 2.1, 3, and 3.1. Would you prefer I make tiers? I could have done that, but then you'd probably accuse me of being Simba's symp too. ;)

All right, as amusing as it would be for me to see Igor get lynched for not justifying his reads, I think I should give people at least an example of his town play.

Krakatoa and Igor are both innocent. Vote someone else, please.

Now can you all trust my gut on this one? Or will Whiskeyjack or Mexal come out and vote me for not explaining my innocent reads?

Archived