AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

This helped summarize another large part of why Starlin seems a reasonable bet for evil. He's often like a pit bull when innocent, pushing at a clue nobody else likes until long after everyone else is tired of hearing it (sort of like SGB this game, but with suspicion instead of no-lynch). But he hasn't really pursued anyone hard, unless I'm horribly misremembering. Which could mean he just isn't very suspicious of anyone. But it's like what people keep saying about Mina - you expect to see a particular tell from a person when they're innocent, so when that tell isn't there, even if it's technically null it makes us nervous, yeah?

It seems you remember only my best moments and totally forgot about worst.

In fact, I was lynched on day 1 for non-contibution about 8-10 times, all but one being innocent.

ETA: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/47510-mafia-game-76/page__view__findpost__p__2353869

It seems you remember only my best moments and totally forgot about worst.

Not unlikely, considering it's been like five years.

The clearest reason why Ernst is scum (and I use that in the literal sense of the word) is because he seems to find baby lions un-cute (#72).

Seriously though, something in that exchange makes me a bit nervous. It feels forced, as if Ernst brings up nerves because he's feeling themselves. He's not a first-time Mafia player, right? It feels off unless he is. There's also a large (for Ernst) amount of (nearly contentless) talk about the night-vote issue, which I just mentioned is a suspicious thing if no other suspicions are being raised by that player.

You are here but nobody blames you because you have written nothing.

I want them to write more.

What have you written, Mr. Blofeld? Words, yes, but empty ones.

Simba.

He looks strange in some things to me.

Let's remember - this is the entirety of his reasoning for voting Simba at the time, and it took place just a few minutes after Kat placed a vote on him (one which I easily interpreted as a joke but someone with less than perfect fluency in English and no prior knowledge of Kat/WJ might not).

The time-travel afterward has been discussed at length already.

Give us something to work with here.

Rereading Ernst:

First serious post: calls Simba nervous.

Rather vague post:

3 votes against Joseph. And I agree with arguments wtitten by Wonder Woman.

But, we need him to choose somebody opposite and to read what he will write in defense.

Ernst, who is him and opposite to what?

Doesn't vote for me because he wants to hear more from me. Votes Garfield because he wants to hear more from Garfield (and Edward). Doesn't mention suspecting Simba.

Then, suddenly switches to Simba, wants him to be alternative to me.

Middle of the road about me (likes accusations but not convinced). Argues much against night, though, AFAIR, Barbie already dropped this idea at the monent.

Resume: if he was unknown player, I'd strongly suspect him now. But knowing Ernst, I am sure he is able to play same way when innocent, so I weakly suspect him. But I see nothing in his favor either.

If I wasn't alternative, I'd hesitate to lynch him for that only, sincerely, but now I have little of choice.

Ernst Blofeld.

Hi everyone.

Right now I'm in my university, and I has not the ability to answer all of your questions.

I am a bad player,especialy for citizens. As malc said, even if I'm innocent I play quite strange. I also said in the discussion at intro thread.

Also i cant review 7 pages of text you wrote. So, i am right now not useful for city.

In begging i played as i play often. I cant make right conclusions. So i just made convrrsations to give other more talanted players an opportunity to get smth from that.

Right now, without hiding something things that i can say, in my opinion:

- jora is innocent

- i'm innocent with no roles

- malc is quite suspicious,as for me

- simba and igor look like innocent

I have no time to write there my thinks. After few hours i will revote. Because i cant do it right now.

You won't offend me if you vote against me. I am that kind of players that always are suspicious, and one of the best thing i can do is to die and show that i'm innocent.

Thanks everybidy for game

3 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor)

2 votes for Krakatoa (Edward., Sooty)

1 votes for Sooty (Simba)

1 vote for Edward. (Showgirl Barbie)

5 votes for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple, The mummy, Krakatoa, Wonder Woman, Joseph Starlin)

1 vote for Simba (Ernst Blofeld)

1 players have not voted: Humpty Dumpty.

Thanks everybidy for game

Giving up already? ... where's that facepalm smiley when you need one?

So, i am right now not useful for city.

:agree:

When you 'revote' in a few hours will you have had time then to review the thread, or will it be a shot in the dark?

Do you find Joseph Starlin suspicious for any reason other than the fact that he's lynchable and isn't you?

Edit: not -> isn't for clarity

Mina I know you're indecisive but the fact you never put a vote down is terrible. Also someone remind me to come back to WJ/Mina at some point, I thought I saw them as a possible scum pair, don't remember why but I remember liking it.

Ernst and Krakatoa wagons are bad. Shift your votes to somewhere better. Hint: Sooty's not better, the other people with votes are.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward., Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The mummy, Wonder Woman..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

5 votes for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple, The mummy, Krakatoa, Wonder Woman., Joseph Starlin)

3 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor)

2 votes for Krakatoa (Edward., Sooty)

1 vote for Edward. (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Simba (Ernst Blofeld)

1 vote for Sooty (Simba)

1 players have not voted: Humpty Dumpty.

Just under 3.5 hours left

Mina I know you're indecisive but the fact you never put a vote down is terrible. Also someone remind me to come back to WJ/Mina at some point, I thought I saw them as a possible scum pair, don't remember why but I remember liking it.

Ernst and Krakatoa wagons are bad. Shift your votes to somewhere better. Hint: Sooty's not better, the other people with votes are.

I still like my vote on Krakatoa.

Ernst wagon formed too fast. Will have to think about that one. Last post seemed geniune and I think there is a legitimate language barrier issue with his posts.

I was catching up right now, but since people are asking me questions, sorry, I fell asleep last night before finishing my reread. (To nitpick to Igor, I did vote--for Marple--but unvoted after her answers came across as rather guileless.)

@Lany: I thought that was a rhetorical question. I don't think I defended Blofeld at all--not once did I say anything like "Blofeld looks so much more innocent than Sooty." (Blofeld was a total null read for me at that point. I got the same innocent impression as Igor--edit: and Edward--from his most recent post surrendering, though.) But you echoed Kat's logic and voted out of the blue for Blofeld purely for voting Simba. By your logic, Blofeld and Sooty should have been equally good votes. To me, something seemed very off about you choosing Blofeld over Sooty.

So let me get this straight. You thought Blofeld's and Sooty's votes for Simba were equally suspicious? But you decided to vote for Blofeld instead of Sooty just on a whim? Even though Sooty's vote came afterward? Or it was more gut?

Also, how many FM do you think there are? There's a reason I'm asking this.

===============

Um, this will only add fuel to Igor's WJ/Mina theory, but TBH, I'm back to wanting to lynch Simba...who has no chance in hell of actually getting lynched today. :/

Um, what should I do first? Explain why Simba is my top suspect again (the one problem is that I'm getting paranoid of Starlin and Sooty, both of whom suspected him), or reread the thread to decide between Starlin and Blofeld?

I clearly have read that my actions were thought about with the conclusion of what WW waas thinking. However, the reason I voted for Mr. Starlin is simple. I was asking a simple question and he immediatly asked me, what is your defense! To interrogate me for asking a simple question to me is somewhat suspicious,

and regardless, it seems WW has changed her vote. I care not to follow suite.

Um, this will only add fuel to Igor's WJ/Mina theory, but TBH, I'm back to wanting to lynch Simba...who has no chance in hell of actually getting lynched today. :/

Um, what should I do first? Explain why Simba is my top suspect again (the one problem is that I'm getting paranoid of Starlin and Sooty, both of whom suspected him), or reread the thread to decide between Starlin and Blofeld?

Simba has no chance in hell of actually getting lynched today, unless he's innocent. (ETA: Well, at under 3 hours left, not then either.) So it seems like explaining why he's your top suspect can wait, and we can get to the important business of killing someone, yes?

Puff, is the best you can do at this point, after 273 posts, to vote for someone because they pressured you? If pressuring someone is evil then we should vote off everyone except you and maybe Barbie. :rolleyes: Let's hear what you think of people. Give us something.

===============

Do you legitimately think WJ is a lynch possibility today?

But...but...he's the person who has the MOST chance of being lynched other than Starlin, Krakatoa, and Blofeld. I definitely won't vote Krakatoa today, and I wasn't really suspicious of the other two. Besides, voting for WJ without an actual case feels a bit unfair.

At least if I wrote a case, it would get my thoughts in order and help me decide how strongly to weight Starlin and Blofeld voting for him.

Oh, that reminds me:

Joseph: What happened to you giving the strong players free passes on D1? Why did you decide to vote Starlin EDIT: Simba anyway?

Mummy: I'm a bit surprised you had no thoughts on Simba other than "okay." He's come under quite a bit of heat, and you're usually super-paranoid of WJ

Edit: that was in response to Wonder Woman.

Puff, is the best you can do at this point, after 273 posts, to vote for someone because they pressured you? If pressuring someone is evil then we should vote off everyone except you and maybe Barbie. Let's hear what you think of people. Give us something.

Indeed WonderWoman, I find most people here are talking so much they are making their head spin. I also find it suspicious that people were lynching Starlin for their own accord, and are now jumping on the ernest bandwagon. Might I inquire the reasoning behind this?

I was catching up right now, but since people are asking me questions, sorry, I fell asleep last night before finishing my reread. (To nitpick to Igor, I did vote--for Marple--but unvoted after her answers came across as rather guileless.)

@Lany: I thought that was a rhetorical question. I don't think I defended Blofeld at all--not once did I say anything like "Blofeld looks so much more innocent than Sooty." (Blofeld was a total null read for me at that point. I got the same innocent impression as Igor--edit: and Edward--from his most recent post surrendering, though.) But you echoed Kat's logic and voted out of the blue for Blofeld purely for voting Simba. By your logic, Blofeld and Sooty should have been equally good votes. To me, something seemed very off about you choosing Blofeld over Sooty.

So let me get this straight. You thought Blofeld's and Sooty's votes for Simba were equally suspicious? But you decided to vote for Blofeld instead of Sooty just on a whim? Even though Sooty's vote came afterward? Or it was more gut?

Also, how many FM do you think there are? There's a reason I'm asking this.

Just because you feel one way about someone, does not mean I should feel that way

I don't know these people, all I have to go on is what they post

There is more than one way to defend a person, in fact, the most common way to defend someone is to attack their attacker

2FM, no symp

Ernst wagon formed too fast.

You'd perefer us to have only my wagon at this point?

Will have to think about that one. Last post seemed geniune and I think there is a legitimate language barrier issue with his posts.

Indeed there is a language barrier. But won't you agree there was a contradiction between not voting me and voting Garfield for the very same reason, with same wordings?

His last post shows he is desperate because being so close to be lynched at the first day of his first game here, but a killer would be desperate as well. I don't feel any innocent vibes.

Posting from phone. Something very strange about Malcolm. He always argues to not vote me on day 1 unless case is airtight b/c I'm "too valuable", but now he wants to lynch me with no case? Complete contradiction. Will explain more and vote for him when I get to a computer.

Ernst looks less suspicious after his last post. Still don't like his time travel trick, but he's below Malc on my list now.

Mina looks like she's trying to avoid vote for Malc or Ernst or both.

Archived