Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Man, I really missed a lot! :P

Ok, so after a quick read through of Day 2, it looks like we are in a pretty decent position, since a bunch of people were talking about Varys before the reveal. Cersei, Eddard, and Renly all went after Varys before the reveal, although Eddard thought he was the symp and voted Tyrion instead (and Varys voted Eddard in response). Dany and Drogo both defended Varys (mildly) and pushed other people. Tyrion did have Varys in his top tier, although I don't believe he expounded upon it.

Cersei and Renly look pretty good now (for obvious reasons). Eddard doesn't look too bad either, although I'm less sure of him. I don't think Dany would have reacted to the suspicion against Varys the way she did if she was his partner, but symp is a definite possibility. Same goes for Sansa's reaction to Baelish's reveal.

So, going by process of elimination, I think Varys' partner(s) is most likely one of Jaime, Jorah, Tyrion, or Drogo. If we have a symp who knows who their masters are, then Dany and Sansa look the most likely, with Drogo, Jaime, and Jorah also being possibilities.

No counterclaim.

And I am at the fence about Baelish.

He was one of the top vote getter at the time of reveal (two votes only, but nobody had more than two). I can easily see either real finder or evil to claim in such position.

I think right play is to lynch Varis (as you did) and then to lynch Petyr if he would turn up alive in the morning.

Not really behind a baelish lynch, atvleast not without a counter claim, since sansa made the argument that a day 2 finder claim battle is foolish, and it,s possible a finder might agree with that plan. If there,s no counter, it,s hard to imagine why we would lynch finder for any reason.

He then edits a response to Dany's posts saying they make Dany look worse. He does not however change his vote to Dany, his firm D1 lynch of choice who apparently looks even more guilty.

Absolutely wrong. "Not much better" is very different from "worse". In fact, it's equivalent to "a bit better".

And, by the way, your urls are are completely random... Actually, it was post #387.

Back and forth with Sansa over the "role issue" results in vote on Sansa. Renly also likes this and joins in.

Wrong again. Renly obviously crossposted with me.

No counterclaim.

And I am at the fence about Baelish.

He was one of the top vote getter at the time of reveal (two votes only, but nobody had more than two). I can easily see either real finder or evil to claim in such position.

I think right play is to lynch Varis (as you did) and then to lynch Petyr if he would turn up alive in the morning.

I think Varys had 3 votes: Cersei, Baelish, and Renly.

Not really behind a baelish lynch, atvleast not without a counter claim, since sansa made the argument that a day 2 finder claim battle is foolish, and it,s possible a finder might agree with that plan. If there,s no counter, it,s hard to imagine why we would lynch finder for any reason.

Well, there is no point to discuss this until the morning...

Tyrion, can you explain the contradiction here? Why do you start by saying that you are happy that Varys, Eddard, and Drogo are being interrogated, but then you fail to add any pressure yourself? If you found your own case against Syrio to be stronger, I can't fault you for voting in that direction. But I'm surprised by your lack of attention to my cases, if those were the 3 players you initially wanted to target.

But I didn't think those three needed more pressure. Your cases were strong enough and I was sure I was unable to add anything useful to them. So I've decided to contribute in a some different way.

I put those three in my tiers 1-2 because I totally agreed with your conclusions on them.

Good work town! You won't be disappointed :)

Petyr, why didn't you claim first thing today?

Figured we might have more to go on if we got a chance to observe Varys and the way people interact with him for as long as possible. More info is good for innocents. Also, in a brief laps of sanity I was flirting with the idea of not claiming today at all and checking on someone else.

I reread Jaime. Seems alright aside from this weirdess:

Yeah, and also one thing that I've forgotten to mention: Lord Varys, was I really being so pathetic that you've shown that amount of protectiveness towards me?.. It's not that I'm not pleased, just another thing that made me wonder... Well, I hope that I'll be able to act in a not such a feeble way later...

I went back a few pages and didn't find any defense of Jaime from Varys that would warrant this kind of reaction. Could Jaime be a FM partner overreacting to what he percieved as overly friendly behavior from his partner? Did I miss Varys' super protective sounding or condecending post? It's late here and I could be missing something.

@ Dany- There are some questions in post #437 (pg 22) that I'd like you to answer.

Bed time for Baelish. Good luck guys! :grouphug:

There are 2 questions in there that should be pretty obvious. But I'll answer those two anyway. I'm not going to get into a text war with you given you've already claimed Finder and we'll find out soon enough if you were lying or not.

To what end?

I didn't realize this was so hard to figure out. I was trying to build a lynch train on whoever to see what kind of reactions we get. I wanted to see who went after me, who did it for weak reasons and who couldn't let it go. Generally, there is at least 1 FM who thinks that you're an easy lynch if you do any kind of actions that are considered strange. There also tends to be 1 FM who will defend you because it's pretty obvious you're innocent. This time it was Varys (if he flips FM).

I really didn't think it'd be so hard to figure it out, especially as I posted content about the people who posted against me.

You said yourself that you were voting the biggest train. How was I misrepresenting what you were doing? Explain it to me.

You told me that my whole approach was to lynch anyone and everyone and let the Seven sort it out. To me, that's not true. I was only going to lynch the person I wanted to lynch but I was voting people, early in the game, to see who went after me. I didn't think it took a rocket scientist to see what I was doing but obviously it did.

Voice Over: Where's Seacrest? Somebody get Seacrest! It looks like Grip 1 has struck again.

Loud knocking on the door to the Small Council Chamber. Long beat, then attractive blonde exits while fixing her hair.

Seacrest (off camera): This better be fucking important. Sandy and I were just, um, reading together.

Voice Over: Looks like another casualty, man.

Seacrest: Sweet! Love that Grip 1 is keeping up his side of Real Reality TV. We really should get a better evil genius nickname for him. Maybe, Grip "Simon Cowell" 1?

Voice Over: Um . . .

Seacrest: That was rhetorical, moron. Anything highlight-worthy happen overnight?

Voice Over: Not really. I thought I heard Sean Bean grumbling that he never makes the highlight reel.

Seacrest: What does he expect? He's not in the second season. Why keep him in the promotional materials? Alright, I guess we better get the body out of there. Who was it, anyway?

Daenerys Targaryen (Mexal) is dead.

Day 3 has begun.

10 players remain: Cersei Lannister, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

10 players have not voted: Cersei Lannister, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

Players, Seacrest is planning NOT to extend today's day limit as it would appear to be a pretty convenient end time no matter what timezone your Red Keep is in (see link in sig). However, if you have a reason to think that today's deadline should be extended, please PM Seacrest (do not post it in this thread), and the Seacrest will consider it. As previously announced, if there is a Day 4, Seacrest plans on having an extended deadline so that Father's Day is not compromised.

Seacrest, out!

Hmm. Well...that complicates things.

I'm actually kind of glad they killed Dany. I didn't say anything on the thread, but after Petyr declared Varys FM, I started to get really paranoid that I was right about Varys + Dany being partnered. He was on my list of players to look at today.

Now the obvious question becomes - would the FM allow the Finder to live?

What I keep coming back to is that we're going to know about Petyr either way by the end of today, when we get the Varys CF. So lets look at this logically.

If Petyr is telling the truth and the FM are setting him up, then they are taking the gambit that we will lynch him today before we get the Varys CF result.

If Petyr is lying, then he is likely the symp. He signaled his FM masters by declaring an innocent player (Varys) to be FM. We should be looking for his masters, rather than lynching him.

Either way, it doesn't make sense to lynch Petyr. Personally, I want to come up with a list of potential Varys partners, a list of potential Petyr masters, and see if anybody overlaps. That person could be the safest lynch today, because it helps us narrow down both lists, regardless of which one is correct.

Well, I read Varys and I found what may be potential symp clues to Tyrion.

Also, I didn't say anything about this during the night, but if Varys is FM, then Tyrion is probably not FM.

FM usually don't drop obvious symp clues to their partners. Because they don't want to get caught up in an (incorrect) case based on symp-FM interaction.

Archived