Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

I started my review with Jorah. First thing I want to point out is his first post, it very much mirrors the list of roles posted at the start of the game. I absolutely hate people who role hint with their first post. They have set themselves up for a possible role claim later on. It has been my experience that FM and symps are a lot more likely to do this (at least this obviously)

I can't believe I've been given the worst possible role for this crap real reality thing. I'm a proper Shakespearean actor, you know, luvs.

He then disappears for 14 hours only to come back and sat he is too tired to post.

When he does comeback, it has now been 24+ hours. Again he says he only has a little time, make a poor case on me.

Hey Sorry I've been away for a while, just catching up on the thread before I go have a shower, but at the moment I'm not liking how much effort Sansa's put into defending herself from what seems like a typical contrived-but-what-do-you-expect type of day one case. I can understand removing a joke vote before going away (though it does seem over-cautious) but going to lengths to defend oneself afterward seems over the top. And despite what she says, it is an OMGUS case; seems to be designed to put people off making cases on her. I'll reread in a bit and have some more thoughts and a vote.

His "big" post about everyone. He does his best to "middle of the road" just about everyone and his opinion that responding to cases is pointless? :

<snip>

yeh, responses to cases are generally pointless and a distraction (unless the case involves a very specific point of fact), it's just FM are more tempted to defend themselves.

Okay, at the moment I like Arya and wouldn't vote her off today - same for Renly, and Varys, though less confident of their innocence - especially Varys could be a clever FM.

Eddard feels suspicious to my gut, particularly for his comment that we were still in RP 10 hours into the game without seeming to do much to change that. Like he wants inno-points for being keen to get to serious stuff.

Drogo would be in my trusted list but for a niggling doubt that his comment about the FM having more to fear from the berserker (which I think is fair - the berserker is more likely to hurt us than the FM, but our individual lives still matter less) might reveal that the FM had thought about it in their cave and that was why it was foremost in Drogy-bear's thinking.

Still find Sansa overdefensive.

Dany - suspicious for the reasons people have mentioned, and for extreme overdefensiveness - seems like her only non-flippant comments are to defend herself. May well be a newbie inno, but that's not a good enough reason not to find her suspicious.

Cersei is annoying, because her case against Drogo was pretty poor.

Ros - seems to be exuding feigned confidence over decision not to vote (that decision is itself unhelpful and obstructive)

To summarise:

Most suspicious -

Dany, Ros, Sansa

Eddard, Cersei, Drogo,

Varys, Renly,

Arya

Least suspicious.

Everyone else hasn't really impinged on me yet. I will be voting Dany

This I just don't understand. I read it as "if you act too innocent, then you are likely am FM faking it? is that what you are saying?

I clearly do have real opinions in there, you just picked the less strong ones. Anyway, overdefensiveness is a good tell, especially for day one. If you are innocent you are acting massively arrogant and annoying and I don't think particuarly helpful to the team, so frankly unless your playstyle changes (and that may be your plan for all I know) I could cope with you dying regardless of alignment. I still think you're an FM trying to bluster your way out of suspicion though.

Jorah is very much a middle of the roader, low poster, easy target finder, fake claim setter upper evil person.

baelish, I'd love for you to answer Dany's case. I've got to run, but few thoughts of mine:

I like Varys. but he needs to stop the floral talky talky. because readng him's like reading the textual equivalent of my grandmother's wallpaper

also warming up to Tyrion. I didn't like that he played his cards close to his chest before. doesn't seem like he's still doing that. deeper thoughts pending reread this afternoon, but he's feeling much cleaner to me.

will try to post from phone

Well, since every single role (includiong RI) is described as worst possible in the role list, I fail to see a role hint here.

It is an annoying thing to say and do. You say it is pointless, and it may well be, but I still don't like people who do it. Is it enough to vote him? Of course not, that is why I listed a few other things as well.

Why are you defending him? Why not let him answer for himself?

It is an annoying thing to say and do. You say it is pointless, and it may well be, but I still don't like people who do it.

Do exactly what? If it wasn't a role hint, what's wrong? If it was a role hint, what role it hinted at, in your opinion?

Why are you defending him? Why not let him answer for himself?

I'm not defending him, your case is decent enough without this particular point.

I want you to answer for yourself, for a reason I'll tell a bit later.

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Jorah Mormont (Syrio Forel, Sansa Stark)

2 votes for Lord Varys (Cersei Lannister, Petyr Baelish)

2 votes for Petyr Baelish (Daenerys Targaryen, Khal Drogo)

1 vote for Eddard Stark (Lord Varys)

1 vote for Jaime Lannister (Jorah Mormont)

1 vote for Syrio Forel (Tyrion Lannister)

1 vote for Tyrion Lannister (Eddard Stark)

2 players have not voted: Jaime Lannister, Renly Baratheon.

...And Sansa disappeared. And everybody else as well.

It's so queer to see a game that empty at American morning.

With 8 anonymous users reading.

Read my lips: eight.

Well I'm sure a few of the might be the mods

In any case I am here on my phone

I don't think I can post much though my breaks are pretty short

Many words, much nonsense, and do remember that as much knowledge as there may be there is only one, if you would avoid much mockery :P

Words are wind?

The link you attach leads to a whole page rather than a single post, in any case 'characterizes it as one that a FM would be on if they wanted to glide thru Day 1' doesn't seem like a shining endorsement to me...

All the links work fine for me and this one takes me directly to your post #192. What I am saying is that pehaps it is a clue to your masters, both named that you can see they are both on the Dany lynch. A bit inartful, but if shined up with flowery prose, it gives you a nice cover to deny it.

Which might be a contradiction with what I said previously (though it wasn't) but is hardly a thing a servant who wanted to gain his master's ear would say.

A skillful symp doesn't want to be too obvious. Especially one with so silver a tongue.

You wish for many fore-warnings that I don't always have a leeway to give, when posts are piling on posts and the game is moving fast. It's read or write then, for even the cleverst maesters can't do both at a time! Some plans are carefully pre-meditated and some spring up unexpected.

The timing of end of day isn't an unknown. I understand that RL can interfere. I'm just saying that it was convenient and I find it suspicious.

Though a symp might have little qualms in sentencing poor Ros, my boy Tyrion was not in a position where I would have had to intervene to save him, if that were my role. An argument one could have made if I had been accused of serving the lady Daenerys *hides letter to Ilyrio under the table*

You are misrepresenting my argument. It is not that you were "saving" Tyrion, as he was in no danger. Instead it effectively ended further discussion about him and left your master's well-suited to be off the lynch train for D2 analysis.

You seem to have taken my lady Cersei's post and crafted it into some completely ludicrous and unappealing accusation of Tyrion. Probably to appear original rather than mob-hugging.

Polly wants a cracker. :)

Well, it's probaby a time to make new tiers.

1)Syrio, Varis, Eddard, Daeneris.

2) Baelish, Khal.

3) Renly, Jaime, Jorah.

4) Cersei.

5) Your humble myself.

Sansa will be out of tiers for a while, I still need her responce to tier her properly. Ih she won't answer, she would be nice addition to tier 1.

Do exactly what? If it wasn't a role hint, what's wrong? If it was a role hint, what role it hinted at, in your opinion?

I'm not defending him, your case is decent enough without this particular point.

I want you to answer for yourself, for a reason I'll tell a bit later.

Answer what for myself?

I don't like when players act a certain way. I don't care if they are just playing around, I don't care if it is unreasonable of me, this is how I feel.

If you think that means nothing, then I am fine with that, just ignore it. It was not a "factual" part of the case, and I made it clear that part was based on how I feel. The rest of the case was factual. So what answer is it you want? I am very confused by your telling me to answer without giving me a question.

Well, it's probaby a time to make new tiers.

1)Syrio, Varis, Eddard, Daeneris.

2) Baelish, Khal.

3) Renly, Jaime, Jorah.

4) Cersei.

5) Your humble myself.

Sansa will be out of tiers for a while, I still need her responce to tier her properly. Ih she won't answer, she would be nice addition to tier 1.

Why do you have Cercei so low on your list?

Answer what for myself?

Answer why you dislike first Jorah post.

Initially you said you saw it as role hint - but when I've shown you it couldn't be a role hint, you totally failed to give a logical reasoning what you disliked. Since then, you talked so much but said nothing. Then you stopped talking until I threatened to put you in my tier 1, then started talking again but said nothing again.

In fact, after first reading your case on Jorah I was almost sure you never read RI's role description. I was almost sure you were either evil or roled innocent. Since I didn't want to reveal you as roled innocent if so, I questioned you softly. I hoped for an answer letting me to look at you as good.

But now you look as strictly evil, being unable to explain your actions in any logical way.

Sansa.

I started my review with Jorah. First thing I want to point out is his first post, it very much mirrors the list of roles posted at the start of the game. I absolutely hate people who role hint with their first post. They have set themselves up for a possible role claim later on. It has been my experience that FM and symps are a lot more likely to do this (at least this obviously)

All of the roles including roleless innocent had that listed as part of the description. If you were a roleless innocent you should know that.

Sansa

Answer why you dislike first Jorah post.

Initially you said you saw it as role hint - but when I've shown you it couldn't be a role hint, you totally failed to give a logical reasoning what you disliked. Since then, you talked so much but said nothing. Then you stopped talking until I threatened to put you in my tier 1, then started talking again but said nothing again.

In fact, after first reading your case on Jorah I was almost sure you never read RI's role description. I was almost sure you were either evil or roled innocent. Since I didn't want to reveal you as roled innocent if so, I questioned you softly. I hoped for an answer letting me to look at you as good.

But now you look as strictly evil, being unable to explain your actions in any logical way.

Sansa.

So not liking people to hint at or play around regarding roles makes me evil? I will remember this for future games. Thank you.

eta: and I am a Roleless innocent btw *bats eyes innocently*

Archived