Who will be King at the end of the series? (time capsule)

AegonTargaryen

Danny is just too perfect to be queen. I mean that in a good way. She has had one of the hardest live's in the book starting out with the slaughter of her family, the constant fleeing from the "usurper's knives", the abusive and incestuous brother, being sold into marriage to what (at the time) was a murderous barbarian, and then the trials that have come leading her people as khalesi. Yet she has both remained sweet, strong, and true to all her own convictions and come out on top everytime. You can't say that about anyone else, even Rob who betrays his oath to the Frey's. The dragon's also foreshadow kind of a higher purpose for her, too. They were brought into this world to accomplish something. She has the farthest to go to the Iron Throne making her the most epic story if she accomplishes it.

However, even though romances are blossoming in the book between her and Jorah she has been told she will not have children. Plus, we know Jorah was Robert's man and spy. If she never has a child they'll need to find another targaryen heir so either the possible R+L=J or another Targaryen surfaces to continue the "game".

• 5 weeks later...

GRRM does say the ending will be "bittersweet"... so I think Dany will win the iron throne (dragons sound like a pretty good weapons against White Walkers to me...) and I also think she'll legitimize Jon Snow as a Stark so he can rule as King in the North.

I'm also pretty sure most of Westeros will be completely ravaged by war and Others... so Dany will rule over ruin. But that's okay I guess, because she'll be able to build a much better world from of the rubble.

Danny is just too perfect to be queen. I mean that in a good way. She has had one of the hardest live's in the book starting out with the slaughter of her family, the constant fleeing from the "usurper's knives", the abusive and incestuous brother, being sold into marriage to what (at the time) was a murderous barbarian, and then the trials that have come leading her people as khalesi. Yet she has both remained sweet, strong, and true to all her own convictions and come out on top everytime. You can't say that about anyone else, even Rob who betrays his oath to the Frey's. The dragon's also foreshadow kind of a higher purpose for her, too. They were brought into this world to accomplish something. She has the farthest to go to the Iron Throne making her the most epic story if she accomplishes it.

However, even though romances are blossoming in the book between her and Jorah she has been told she will not have children. Plus, we know Jorah was Robert's man and spy. If she never has a child they'll need to find another targaryen heir so either the possible R+L=J or another Targaryen surfaces to continue the "game".

I don't like the way Dany's handled the whole Mereen deal...if she can't handle just Mereen without the place going into chaos, Westeros will eat her alive.

• 1 month later...

Stannis, but not for long.

History is full of people who fought very very hard and long for something, and when they finally get it, they get sick or something and die before properly enjoying it (not that Stannis would "enjoy" being King, mind...)

So Stannis initially, and then when he dies, it's back to war again

<cue 7 more books ... :box: >

Archived