Season 4 characters

ThePickler

Oberyn, Val, Ser Hyle (and maybe a septon for the broken man speech), Bloodraven and Mace Tyrell. That's it really

I don't think they need to get into the Iron Born stuff that early. They could condense their whole AFFC/ADWD arc into S5. They don't need to introduce the Dornish stuff until S5 either, after Oberyn's arc in KL is over.

• 3 weeks later...

My guesses

New Characters:

• Oberyn Martell

• Mace Tyrell

• Randyll Tarly

• Lothor Brune

• Marillion substitute

• Val

• Euron Greyjoy

• Victarion Greyjoy

• Aeron Greyjoy

• Hyle Hunt

• Kindly man

• Bloodraven (Mby)

• Mereen Characters

Reintroduce:

• Maester Aemon

• Alliser Thorne

• Janos Slynt

• Bowen Marsh

Damn, now I can't find it, but I love somebody's suggestion of Jason Isaacs as Randyll Tarly.

I thought of him in the Patriot and of course some facets of him as Lucius Malfoy that could work.

I could see him giving the withering glare to Sam and Brienne before he even verbally lets them have it.

I think he would do a great job.

My guesses

New Characters:

• Oberyn Martell

• Mace Tyrell

• Randyll Tarly

• Lothor Brune

• Marillion substitute

• Val

• Euron Greyjoy

• Victarion Greyjoy

• Aeron Greyjoy

• Hyle Hunt

• Kindly man

• Bloodraven (Mby)

• Mereen Characters

Reintroduce:

• Maester Aemon

• Alliser Thorne

• Janos Slynt

• Bowen Marsh

I suspect they might extend Aryas travels with Hound and have braavos staff moved to Season 5

Same about Sansa - depending on which epp will have PW - if it is early in Season 4, then yes, Marillon II and rest of the Vale gang are needed but if PW happens in the Middle or End of S04 then I think we won't see even Lysa untill Season 5.

Also - I am not sure they really need Randyll Tarly untill Season 5 as well.

Yeah, that could be written in to work and would give Bronn (a very popular character on the show) a few more scenes than otherwise.

I could see that, and would add to Shae's betrayal of Tyrion if Bronn did the same - shows not just his whore girlfriend by his sellsword was just in it for the money (and harks back to Bronn's "are we friends now?" line in Blackwater.

Unless GRRM has plans for Bronn later on, in which case they may want to save him from getting completely on Tyrion's bad side.

I am 1000% sure that Brienne's travels won't be in S4. Her storyline reconnects with Jaime's at the end, and Jaime has a lot to be doing, first in KL and then the Riverlands, before he can go off with Brienne again. It's basic timeline stuff.

Anyway, looking at it location-by-location:

Kings Landing:

- Oberyn Martell

-- Along with possibly Arianne, probably Ellaria and possibly one of the Sand Snakes.

- Mace Tyrell

- Randyll Tarly (IIRC he pops up in KL for a bit?)

- Possibly Taena Merryweather

- Possibly Lollys Stokeworth (Bronn needs a reason to not fight for Tyrion, but it's likely he'll just say "Cersei promised me lands and a lordship", we don't actually need to see Lollys)

The Wall:

- Bowen Marsh? If his role isn't given to some other NW dude instead (eg. Thorne).

- Cotter Pyke

- The other non-Slynt applicant for LC (don't remember who it was)

Meereen:

- Hizhdar zo Loraq

- The Shavepate

- Whatever the 8000 other people are called

- This of course all depends how deep they go into Meereenese politics this season, or if they leave it all for the next.

The Vale:

- Lothor Brune

- Whoever will replace Marillion in his role.

Iron Islands:

- Victarion

- Euron

- Aeron, if he isn't cut

- Possibly Rodrick Harlaw (aka. the only sane ironborn other than Asha)

- Possibly Qarl

Braavos? - depends what they do with Arya in S4. I always thought her meeting the Kindly Man would make a good finishing point but idk...

- The Kindly Man

I don't think Bran or Theon require any new characters... that's all, right?

• 2 months later...

New characters:

-Oberyn Martell - Along with Arianne, or his sand wife, or one of his sandsnakes, or nobody

-Mace Tyrel

-Maybe Randyl Tarly

-Reintroduced Gregor (Mountain) Clegane - (I'm thinking that Jaime and Brienne find him in the way to KL, he will say he is to "bring justice" to Sandor (background for Arya kills Polliver) and Jaime will send him to storm Lord Locke in Harrenhall)

-Taena Merrywater

-Fighting Dwarves

-One or two Kettlebacks (Kingsguard and CityWatch)

-Polliver and another guy to be killed by Sandor and Arya.

-Marillion (or replacement)

-Maybe Lothor Brune

-Aeron, Euron and Victarion

- Maybe Asha's old lover or her uncle Harlaw

-some (one more maybe) Freys?

-Captain of the Bravosi ship who takes Arya

-Kindly Man (a good scene to end Arya's journey in this season "do you fear death?")

-Fake Arya Jeyne Pool

-Coldhands (if he's not in S3)

-Donal Noye (a figurant who dies early)

-Reintroduced Maester Aemon, Janos Slynt and Alliser Thorne

-Bowen Marsh (he might be the other candidate to LC)

-Cotter Pyke

-Val and Dalla (as a figurant in giving birth)

-Daeron? (that's da name of the NW bard who goes to Braavos with Sam and crew, right? But maybe just season 5)

-Belwas (introduced as a freed slave from Yunkai/Astapor, he has an important role in Daznak Arena and i this season he might serve as Dany's Champion fighting the Slaver's Champion outside Mereen)

-Meereen commander

-Meereenese nobles (shavepate, maybe the perfumed seneschal, maybe the green grace) (I'd like to Dany's arc this season ends with Viserion and Rhaegal taken to the Dragon's Pit and Drogon flying away after the complain of Drogon eating a child)

-Reintroduced Illyrio

-Maybe Kyra? for more Bastard's cruelty, hehe

I don't think Dorne is going to happen til season 5 (we need Joffrey and Oberyn dead for Arianne's plot to happen), I think Brienne will pass this seaso as a KL prisioner and Jaime will go talk to her and Tyrion in the Black Cells, she will also interact with Loras, and be realesed by the almost end of the season. Tyrion will go find Illyrio in the last episodes and will find out about Daenerys. Two great battles, the Wall and Meereen. Tywin funeral ant the burning of the Hand's Tower closing KL, beheading of Janos Slynt, Davos releasing Gendry, than to the Wall than in Eastwatch interacting with the Queen and Cotter Pyke ending with he going to White Harbor. Since Balon's death is close to Robb's, the Kingsmoot is going to happen. I think Ramsey identity will be solved by the end of Season 3, and in the 4th will see more of his character development. I read that we haven't seen all of Dontos yet, so he might help Sansa in S4 (not that i think he's role is important, but we need him for the Brienne meets Shagwell (Brienne's role in AFFC is just she killing bloody mummers). Sorry for the English, not my first language (viva o Brasil, rapazeada).

Archived