Small questions v.10005

Angalin

So Qyburn aims to build an unbeatable champion for Cersei. Robert Strong appears, but how can Qyburn teach combat skills? He's a books and science dude. Couldn't even the biggest and strongest body be outfought by some wily veteran like Bronn?

So Qyburn aims to build an unbeatable champion for Cersei. Robert Strong appears, but how can Qyburn teach combat skills? He's a books and science dude. Couldn't even the biggest and strongest body be outfought by some wily veteran like Bronn?

Stoneheart and the wight that attacks Mormont both seem to retain at least some of thier memories, so UnGregor might remember his combat skills.

Stoneheart and the wight that attacks Mormont both seem to retain at least some of thier memories, so UnGregor might remember his combat skills.

This. After all, UnGregor is not a total newborn in other respects either, for example he seems to remember how to walk. Maybe he doesn't remember all the fighting tricks, but I bet he remembers enough about swords to stick the Faith's champion with the pointy end (or to decapitate him with the sharp edge, or whatever else kills them dead in a suitably savage and dramatic fashion).

In ASOS Jaime orders Brienne to be taken into custody to appease Ser Loras. As LC of the Kingsguard does he actually have that authority?

If not, being the Queen regents brother gives him the authority, plus it keeps Loras from doing something stupid like trying to fight her.

That's assuming it IS a reanimated Gregor of course.

Indeed, though I'd say that it's pretty sure that there is at least some Gregor in that thing. If not, all answers can only be extreme speculation anyways.

In ASOS Jaime orders Brienne to be taken into custody to appease Ser Loras. As LC of the Kingsguard does he actually have that authority?

Probably he does, as she is accused of killing the King's uncle, so you could say it's his jurisdiction. Even if there's no official authority though, as a man of the City Watch, Lannister house guard and later prison guard, you will of course not refuse the LC, son of the Hand, queen's brother and king's uncle.

If hand or king ordered her release, she would be released again even if Jaime argued against it... but they wouldn't (and didn't) do that of course.

I should think so. Even if he didn't though, being the Queen Regent's brother and Tywin Lannister's son would be enough. Also, it prevented Loras from directly attacking Brienne.

Did Jorah stop the attempt to poison Dany with the wine because of a warning he recieved from Viserys and Illyrio, or was it a change of heart that he had at the last second??

That fool loves her. Would you let your love die?

When asked how many winters he has seen, Tyrion says nine. Does he mean nine years or nine winters?

It can't be nine winters because he was born in 274AL which makes him 23 years old. The summer had lasted 9 years which means he was 14-15 when summer started.

so it can't possibly be 9 winters.

Has the wall always 'wept'? Is this a recent thing? Do we know either way?

It's a magical wall so i thought maybe in the past the wall was 'stronger' and this might not have been happening.

Yes i know ice melts, but its magic ice.

Has the wall always 'wept'? Is this a recent thing? Do we know either way?

It's a magical wall so i thought maybe in the past the wall was 'stronger' and this might not have been happening.

Yes i know ice melts, but its magic ice.

I think it's mentioned in one of the Jon chapters that the NW has been adding to it every year.

Archived