Jaime Lannister sends his regards

winteriscome

How much do you think Jaime knew at this stage? Was it just Jaime being cocky or did he know that Roose was going to murder Robb? I think it is the latter. Jaime is by no means stupid. He knew Roose had switched sides, we can also presume that he knew that the betrayal would result in Robb's defeat, he also know how ruthless his father can be. I think he meant it to be a punch line when the coup de grace fell and Robb was defeated or killed. What do you guys think?

How much do you think Jaime knew at this stage? Was it just Jaime being cocky or did he know that Roose was going to murder Robb? I think it is the latter. Jaime is by no means stupid. He knew Roose had switched sides, we can also presume that he knew that the betrayal would result in Robb's defeat, he also know how ruthless his father can be. I think he meant it to be a punch line when the coup de grace fell and Robb was defeated or killed. What do you guys think?

I don't believe he had any idea about the RW or Robb's impending doom he likely saw Roose Bolton letting him go as Roose's way of saying if the shit hits the fan I'll bend to Tywin nice and easy. If Jaime did suspect I'd be surprised as he wouldn't have approved his whole character is based on a sense of hands on action, he would want to kill Robb himself on the field to prove how great he is mot through murder and treachery,

I don't believe he had any idea about the RW or Robb's impending doom he likely saw Roose Bolton letting him go as Roose's way of saying if the shit hits the fan I'll bend to Tywin nice and easy. If Jaime did suspect I'd be surprised as he wouldn't have approved his whole character is based on a sense of hands on action, he would want to kill Robb himself on the field to prove how great he is mot through murder and treachery,

i agree with you.it just isnt like him after he loses hand.Jaime was never cruel and never enjoyed and aproved what his son did

I know its inconsistent with his character but he knew Robb would find out sooner or later ... it just doesn't add up that he's naive enough to not see the bigger picture. Any one got the extracts from the relevant chapter? I'm at the office so can't look it up :wideeyed:

Saving Brienne from being gang raped was pretty smart. And ignoring his bitch of a sister was smart too. Edmure Tully was 'handled' as well as you could expect from a Lannister.

Well saving Brienne was smart but he isn't known for his incredible wit and he is not that much of an observent character, he usually learns things after everyone and he thinks Cersei loves her.And he didn't ignore Cersei rather Cersei ignored him after a short time he came to KL.

Well saving Brienne was smart but he isn't known for his incredible wit and he is not that much of an observent character, he usually learns things after everyone and he thinks Cersei loves her.And he didn't ignore Cersei rather Cersei ignored him after a short time he came to KL.

She sent him a letter begging him to return, saying that she needed him. He burned it.

That was after learnin all the cheating and that was after Cersei totally turned her back to his.So finally he saw the things as what they are.He finally realized that he was just a sword a tool for Cersei just like everyone else he was being used by Cersei.

Yes, I am quite aware of when it was and why it was. My point being that he was wise to ignore her, knowing now that she discarded him like trash upon seeing his missing hand (or rather, not seeing his hand, ha). The stupid thing (as you claim him to be) would have been to go galloping after her, bursting into her cell and having one last shag/ kill a few people to save her.

Yes, I am quite aware of when it was and why it was. My point being that he was wise to ignore her, knowing now that she discarded him like trash upon seeing his missing hand (or rather, not seeing his hand, ha). The stupid thing (as you claim him to be) would have been to go galloping after her, bursting into her cell and having one last shag/ kill a few people to save her.

Yeah I understand what you are trying to say.By the way cool name. :bowdown:

He didn't know about the RW. We have his POV, so it would be clear to us if he did know. However, LS must think that he knew, which of course means Jaime is in very real danger when/if Brienne takes him to her.

I don't see why so many people claim that Jaime is stupid. He's really funny, for one thing, which shows that he has some wit. Now that he's lost his sword hand, and he can't handle every conflict by beating the shit out of everyone, he's stopped behaving rashly. He's starting to use his brains, and it shows imo.

:agree: But I don't think it is a matter of being just smart. I believe it is a matter of doing the right thing.

True, but the way that he saved her was smart - convincing them that Brienne's father was much richer than he actually was stopped them from raping her so that they would receive an enormous ransom. Granted, the Bloody Mummers are idiots, but coming up with the lie was pretty savvy and it did sound plausible.

Archived