''" It's death and destruction I want to bring down upon House Lannister, not scorn."

northwesterner

As other posters have said, Cersei is already doing a good job of that. House Lannister is destroying itself through incompetence and infighting. Tyrion is going to do some damage as well, and already has by killing Tywin. I wouldn't put it past Cersei to have Kevan's family killed off. UnCat is taking care of Lannisters in the riverlands, specifically Daven at his wedding in RR.

The ones to kill Jaime and Cersei will be each other. Jon will pretty much get his own wish.

Yes, if Jon himself isn't dead and gone for good.

"He never felt the fourth knife, only the cold."

Well, every Great House has a very strong incentive to make deposing another Great House taboo. No matter how much the Martells and the Tyrells hate each other, so long as the unspoken rule is "the Great House always keeps its seat and its immediate lands" then every Great House is protected. Now, the current head might very well be killed, but his heir or a lesser branch stepping up to continue the line gives them all a degree of coverage. We see this often in politics, where rules that empower a minority are kept in place by the majority because the majority wants to be able to use the same rules should fortunes change.

Aegon the Conqueror certainly changed the equation, but it very soon fell right back into place once the Conquest was finished. Even the Houses he replaced, Like Durrdereon, usually found some way to maintain the bloodline.

I guess you are right, it is kind of taboo annihilating a Great Noble House

Archived