Sitters on the Iron throne

TeamMartell

White Walker invasion. Too bad, Littlefinger

Since I am sure I won't get the happy ending I want, at least I can relish the moment when all of littlefingers plan come to fruition only to lose it all to a completely unforeseen threat.

It will be what Aerys wanted for Robert, only with ice instead of fire. Let him be king over frozen corpses and frostbitten bones. Let him be king of the long night.

Or that Daenerys realizes that "Wait a second. I don't even know Westeros. I don't have any family there. I don't know the lords, the relations between them, or Westerosi custom. I've never even seen the damned place, but heard that there's war all the time. I have lots of friends in Essos, and few of them speak the Common Tongue. The land here is fertile, the Dothraki revere me, I've seen the cities, and the slaves absolutely love me. Why go to Westeros at all?"

Then she finds a nice little ruin city to settle in, and builds her kingdom over there instead. The Tenth Free City.

I think the one that gets the Iron Throne will be the one who doesn't wanted but will be offered and asked for the good of the realm . There are to many families that seek the Iron Throne but will end up not getting it. Only the Starks of Winterfell have no wish or desire to sit on the Iron Throne my guess is that Jon and Arya will share the IT with Dany.

• Robert Baratheon

• Joffrey Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon - Will be killed by Aegon and his people after they conquer King's Landing.

Aegon Targaryen - Will hold the Iron Throne during the dance of dragons, before Daenerys takes it from him.

Daenerys Targaryen - Will be queen of Westeros during the battle of ice and fire. I have an idea that Daenerys will survive the Other's attack, winning the battle and return to King's Landing where Daenerys is seen as a hero and everything is happy end well - before she's suddenly murdered (Varys, possibly?), leaving the Iron throne to...

Jon Snow - Who will be the final sitter on the throne as the book ends.

Tommen (starting from the present)

Aegon

Daenerys

???? (The final monarch of the series, perhaps Sansa)

I think that it is very likely that Aegon will sit the throne and then Daenerys. There could be some surprises thrown in so the final list may end up being longer. There is some chance that Myrcella could briefly sit the throne or that Stannis or even Euron could attain control over King's Landing for a limited period of time.

Tommen currently but both he and Mycrella will die soon. Tommen dies as fake Aegon takes the throne and the Martell's will kill Mycrella.

Fake Aegon's rule is short lived because Dany, Tyrion, Jorah and very vast army and ships and her dragons show up at King's Landing. Aegon is shown to be a fruad and his overthrown very swiftly. Dany is now Queen of Westeros. And that's when the White Walkers break through the Wall. This leads to the first meeting of Jon and Dany and somehow it is revealed that L+R= J. Jon and Dany (and Tyrion) defeat the WW's in Book 7. John goes back North to rule the North while Dany rules the South, the Targ dynasty restored.

Firstly, Tyrion will neve sit the Throne - he will get Casterly Rock

Aegon will never hold the throne.

Daenrys will sit the Thorne until she is called upon to fight the wights/others -

Jon - after they fall in love and sacrafice DT per the AA prophecy, will sit the throne.

I think Myrcella will die before Tommen. Both will be as a result to Cersei's actions (Myrcella through Balon Swann and Tommen through the Faith)

After Tommen it will be Aegon, as Stannis is busy dealing with the Boltons. Aegon has the backing of The Faith because the High Sparrow is Varys in disguise.

After this it is unclear. The obvious would be Dany, Jon or Stannis, however when has GRRM ever done the obvious? Sansa should get in a position of power but not Queen of Iron Throne (maybe Lord of Vale/Eyrie/North).

Am I the only one who thinks it's possible that it will be Aegon and Dany? I know that may be a little romantic for GRRM's taste, but why wouldn't he throw us that? Team them up. However, it wouldn't stay perfect for long.

- Tommen (who I don't see dying. I see him being "removed", but kept alive somehow).
- Stannis,( or Bolton if Stannis winds up dead and M runs to Jon Snow's, leaving Bolton to overthrow - obviously crazy enough to do this)
- Euron. He's been too quiet.
- Dany/Aegon. Family. Come on.

"Tommen currently but both he and Mycrella will die soon. Tommen dies as fake Aegon takes the throne and the Martell's will kill Mycrella.

Fake Aegon's rule is short lived because Dany, Tyrion, Jorah and very vast army and ships and her dragons show up at King's Landing. Aegon is shown to be a fruad and his overthrown very swiftly. Dany is now Queen of Westeros. And that's when the White Walkers break through the Wall. This leads to the first meeting of Jon and Dany and somehow it is revealed that L+R= J. Jon and Dany (and Tyrion) defeat the WW's in Book 7. John goes back North to rule the North while Dany rules the South, the Targ dynasty restored."

I totally buy this. Also, I predict that Tyrion will end up as Dany's hand. Jon cannot end up with Dany as it will be revealed that Dany is Jon's aunt. Rather, Dany and Jorah will end up together as it is in keeping with G.R.R.M's redemption theme. I cannot and do not understand the Jorah hate that seems to pop up on other threads. If anything, Dany's last chapter in ADWD reveals that her story of maturing and understanding her true destiny is linked to finally seeing the wisdom of Jorah. Dany was a good ruler with Jorah at her side. When he was banished, Dany's life went to hell in a handbasket.

Now,in my dreams, if only we can somehow get Brienne and Jaime's kickass knight son involved in the re-established Targaryen dynasty, I will die happy.

Tommen - will die in his first battle experience against Aegon

Aegon - will ascend the throne akin to the Henry VII he seems based on/inspired by. He'll attempt to bring peace to the South & the IT after the death of Tommen by marrying Myrcella (it would cut out any possible rebellion that would form around her, be for the sake to end the civil war quickly because Winter is getting worse, his aunt is coming and refuses to parlay with him, and it would have Myrcella play an Elizabeth of York role as well as ironically be the Queen to replace Cersei), also like the Henry VII he seems based off of.

We'll be marched right up to Aegon & Myrcella's wedding/coronation and then just as it seems the south is about to be happily at peace something catastrophic will happen where both Aegon and Myrcella are killed (like someone showing up with a dragon and raining fire down upon them--mayhaps a Greyjoy, mayhaps Tyrion, mayhaps even Dany). Essentially GRRM teases us with the ending to the actual Wars of the Roses that this series is based off of that occurred in history and then at the last moment completely kills it after getting all our hopes up.

One thing we know as we start TWOW, the Iron Throne is in a perilous state. The Lannisters are shot - not Tywin, no Kevan, Jamie missing, Cersei discredited - Tommen and Myrcella are sitting ducks. The Tyrells have invested a lot in their alliance with the Lannisters so will keep things going with Mace and Tarly effectively running things.

With no Tywin, other regions will see this as an opportunity. KL will face Aegon allied with Dorne from the south and Stannis - presuming he has survived - from the north. The interesting one is what do Sansa/Littlefinger do? They now have links to the Eyrie, Riverrun, Winterfell and Harrenhall. I can't see Dany getting to Westeros until at least the last part of the book.

I'm thinking Aegon and Stannis at least get a turn on the Iron Throne.

Archived